Hardware Merchandising & Canadian Contractor
Business Information Group www.businessinformationgroup.ca
Toronto, Ontario (Don Mills/York Mills)
An immediate opportunity exists for an experienced, achievement driven, high-energy sales professional to contribute to the continued growth and success of Hardware Merchandising (www.hardwaremagazine.ca) & Canadian Contractor (www.canadiancontractor.ca ) magazines.
- Selling print, online, and event sponsorships;
- Meeting or exceeding sales targets while demonstrating a strong client focus;
- Initiating and leveraging sales opportunities with existing and prospective clients;
- Developing a strong market presence and promoting the publication through effective industry networking and advertiser relations. This includes participation at trade shows and conferences;
- Providing input to and supporting the sales and marketing strategy.
- Demonstrated advertising sales performance within a demanding, fast-paced industry; The successful candidate must also demonstrate the ability to sell within a professional industry; Minimum of 5 years advertising sales and/or industry experience will be considered a significant asset;
- Relevant diploma/degree (Business and/or Marketing focus);
- Exceptional client relations skills;
- Strong personal sales initiative and demonstrated ability to function effectively individually and as a member of a team;
- Proactive and self disciplined work ethic;
- Demonstrated interpersonal and networking skills; Strong oral and written communication skills are essential;
- Ability to develop and deliver effective, customized sales presentations;
- Demonstrated planning and organizational skills with the ability to manage a number of short and longer term priorities in a demanding, deadline-driven environment;
- Proficiency with software applications, specifically MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Maximizer;
- This position requires travel outside of the office (approximately 30%);
- Must have access to a vehicle and possess a valid driver's license.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit resume and cover letter to: