Citizen Relations - Vancouver
Account Manager/Sr. Account Manager (5 years + related experience)
Citizen Relations is an international, award-winning public relations and integrated communications agency with expertise in consumer technology, food & beverage, consumer packaged goods, travel & tourism, automotive, energy and financial services. We believe it’s paramount to understand the intricacies and inner workings of our client’s businesses and the industries in which they compete. It is this knowledge that allows us to accurately guide dialogue with employees, customers and shareholders, and to better understand and recommend how our clients are living up to their values and promises. And most of all, deliver a well measured and operational return on investment.
We have more than 200 staff in eight (8) core offices in the U.S., Canada and U.K. Our affiliate network provides additional coverage across more than 40 cities in North America and more than 60 countries worldwide allowing us support our clients on a local, regional and global level.
Consistently recognized as one of Western Canada's top PR consultancies, our Vancouver office is growing and Citizen Relations is actively searching for an Account Manager to work across both the corporate and consumer practice areas.
The role and what we’re looking for
Citizen Relations is seeking someone who can:
- Serve as day-to-day account lead across multiple accounts
- Provide exceptional media relations results for our clients and actively maintain relationships with reporters/producers/bloggers
- Manage challenging media or client requests with limited senior support
- Develop communications plans for both corporate and consumer clients
- Engage directly with clients offering strategic counsel (both in person and in writing)
- Possess the ability to multitask and meet tight deadlines
- Develop knowledge of social media trends and tools on an ongoing basis
- Take a project leadership role in tactical execution
- Participate in new business pitches to present key program elements
- Manage campaign budgets effectively and ensure accurate billing of time and costs
- Produce accurate and timely client reports and keep clients appraised of activity status at all times
- The ability to effectively manage staff, budgets and timelines
- Maintain an understanding of the evolving media landscape (traditional and online)
- Hold strong media and client relationships
- A Bachelor’s degree in public relations, marketing communications, political science or similar background
- At least 5 years of directly related experience working in an agency environment or on the client side – ideally with both corporate and consumer project experience
- A strong understanding of the media landscape in British Columbia
- Ability to prioritize multiple demands in a fast-paced environment and exceptional organizational skills
- Entrepreneurial attitude and approach
- Team player who has a generous and respectful spirit and will be a contributor to a great team culture
- Creative and analytical in gathering information about clients’ industries and business.
- Will drive measurable and effective communications strategies that generate desired results, and grow client relationships
- Strong writer – Capable of delivering effective and creative written products for clients, including media materials, speaking notes and executive blog posts
- Understands the importance of advanced planning, well designed processes and measurement as tools to help optimize the long term success of group and team activities
- Media relations – Strong understanding of storytelling. Excellent and persuasive verbal communications skills
- Quality control - Pays close attention to detail, content and formatting, ensuring outputs are of the best possible standard
For more information about our work and our consulting team, visit our web site at www.citizenrelations.com
SO WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?
We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Citizen Relations is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. Citizen Relations is committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.