ABOUT NORTH STRATEGIC
At North Strategic, we do things a little bit different.
We’re Canada’s fastest-growing, national public relations and social media agency. But we didn’t get there by following the rules or doing things the way they’ve always been done. The reason we win awards and are the agency of record for many of the most recognized and sought-after brands in Canada – including Tim Hortons, Canadian Tire, Samsung, Canada Goose, Sport Chek and many others – is because of our team, and their unmatched track record for creating exciting, disruptive, and market-leading work.
And today’s your lucky day, because we’re growing again.
It took North just five years to grow to three offices across Canada with more than 60 full-time team members specialising in PR, social media, and content creation. Now, we are working with an incredible new client, and we need to expand our team with some creative, entrepreneurial people who want to join our family, contribute to our dynamic culture and help us grow our award-winning agency. This is one of those opportunities that doesn’t come along every day.
This is your chance to join a company on the rise, which was recently named one of Canada’s top workplaces, while working on an exciting and creative brand that touches the lives of millions of Canadians. We’re looking for people who want to do work that gets noticed, that wins awards, and puts the client in the spotlight. At North, we love our clients, and we want to work with someone who knows how to put client service at the centre of everything they do. Our clients deserve the best, and that’s what we’re looking for in you.
We want you to help us build our future. North is the only PR agency to be named to Marketing Magazine’s Top 10 agencies in Canada for three consecutive years, including a Top Three finish in 2015. North was also recognized by the prestigious New York City based Holmes Report as Canada’s PR Agency of the Year in 2016. These achievements are a strong reinforcement of the work we do for our clients, but it is our unwavering commitment to our team – the people who create our award-winning content – that has positioned North as one of the most desired agencies to work for in Canada.
Oh and did we mention? No. Time. Sheets. The North Strategic team is too busy focusing on strategy, pitching and executing the best campaigns with the biggest impact for our clients, so we’ve left the timekeeping to the watchmakers of the world.
Are you the kind of entrepreneurial, creative, dynamic and just generally awesome person we’re looking for?
If so, it’s time to Go North Now.
North is seeking an experienced Account Manager of Social Media with an entrepreneurial spirit to join our engaging and creative team. Our team in Toronto is the envy of the industry, and we’re looking to get stronger and smarter as we take on new clients. We want someone who is passionate about working with an innovative and dynamic brand that believes in affluence and aspiration. Our chosen leaders will be committed, engaging and driven to succeed.
- A passion for working with exciting brands international brands who abide by a social by design communications strategy
- Build and develop fully integrated communications including social media and digital programs for an affluent, world-class brand
- Contribute to strategies around customer service related issues to enhance Brand community experience
- Build social advertising strategies to support client campaigns; able to place and track ads across social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Google AdWords for video)
- Improve the search ranking, and extending the reach, of client content in a meaningful way
- Participate in forecasting and planning for a specific set of client accounts; keeping the team and managers abreast of changes and suggesting solutions to any issues
- Help clients allocate and manage social media budgets
- Develop and implement social media plans across all online channels
- Research and analytics: tracking content performance, regular reporting of metrics, making timely suggestions on how to optimize and providing actionable insights
- Leverage metrics and research where appropriate to define and track performance against client objectives
- Present recommendations for changes in strategy
- Writing: social media posts, internal/external emails and other communications
- Oversee community management: developing & tracking editorial calendars for Brand Channels and live event coverage
- Contribute to the strategic direction of visual brand content based on client objectives (including video and short format content)
- Ongoing tracking of industry & brand best practices
- Assist with strategic client documents to meet quarterly campaign objectives
- Participate in and lead brainstorming sessions
- Coach, develop and mentor junior team members
Our ideal candidate will also possess the following:
- 3-5 years of experience in a social media agency or SEM environment
- Genuine curiosity about how technology and innovation affects how we communicate and evolves social behaviors
- Bachelor’s & post-graduate degree in Communications, Advertising, Media Studies or a related field
- Passionately committed to collaboration
- Excellent cross-functional leadership, presentation and communication skills; dynamic team player
- Shows strong initiative as an entrepreneurial thinker taking independent actions and calculated risks
- Superior time management and organizational abilities
- Strong proficiency in social platforms (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Tumblr, WhatsApp, Periscope and Snapchat, etc.), effective measurement frameworks for social programs
- Experience in running social advertising campaigns
- Experience leading complex and highly strategic digital engagements
- Strong interpersonal abilities to effectively manage all internal and external relationships, vendors and agency partners
- Ability to be flexible in a changing work environment and work well under pressure
- Skilled at analyzing data, deriving insights and building creative output to meet client objectives
- Refined understanding of community management
- Strong reporting and social ads experience
- Proficiency in Photoshop is an asset
- Influencer relations is an asset