SMC Communications Inc. is a leading boutique public relations agency providing imaginative, influential and comprehensive marketing communications strategies for hospitality, lifestyle and consumer brands. Fusing traditional PR strategies with digital and social media, SMC offers its clients an integrated 360-degree approach driven by intelligent, focused and structured techniques. We are immersed in the deliciously fast-paced environment of culinary PR, working with some of the city’s top names in our centrally located, stunning heritage Gastown office.By fostering and maintaining strong relationships with a comprehensive network of journalists, broadcasters and bloggers, SMC is able to provide maximum coverage and guaranteed results within the ever-evolving media landscape.
The team at SMC is a group of fun, passionate, dedicated and dynamic professionals. We do what it takes to achieve success and always find a way to have fun along the way. We sincerely care about our clients and prioritize making their brand, our passion. Our ideal candidate is a true team player who’s up for any challenge, is positive, energetic, supportive of their colleagues and always willing to get the job done!
Who we are looking for
- Are you passionate about Vancouver’s exciting restaurant and food scene?
- Are you collaborative and excited about working in a tight knit team environment?
- Can you take initiative and learn on the fly?
- Do you have a strong work ethic, demonstrate an obsessive attention to detail and have exemplary written & verbal communication skills?
- Do you have a personality that can tackle adversity and overcome challenges?
- Are you up on current events – especially relating to the food and restaurant world?
- Do you value work life balance and appreciate perks and a competitive salary?
- Are you interested in being a part of something great for the long term?
- Media tracking; compiling weekly client media reports.
- Creating media contact lists; MailChimp database management.
- Assist with the management and execution of content over digital platforms including social media and basic CMS-based website updates.
- Design & distribution of digital newsletters and press releases in MailChimp.
- Advanced graphic design and photo editing in Adobe Creative Suite.
- Writing compelling pitches, drafting media materials, pitching media.
- Editing recipes and client Q&As.
- Office support, research and administration.
- Social Media management and execution.
- Special projects undertaken by the company and any additional duties as required.
- Post-secondary education in communications, public relations or related field
- Minimum 2 year’s experience in a communications or public relations role
- A high level of proficiency with MS Word and Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an extreme attention to detail
- Extremely strong project management and time management skills along with a demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines
- Experience with MailChimp, WordPress / Squarespace and basic HTML an asset
- Graphic design experience and working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite is essential
- Hospitality / restaurant experience an asset.
SMC prides itself on offering a competitive compensation package with some enticing perks.
- Extended health and dental benefits
- Mobile phone allowance
- Provided work laptop
- Lifestyle spending allowance
- Spotify premium account
- Car to Go account
- Tickets to special events
- Team lunches & dinners at Vancouver’s hottest restaurants (our clients!)