Job ID: 171
Response Biomedical Corp. (“Response”) (TSX: RBM, OTCBB: RPBIF), based in Vancouver, Canada, was founded in 1992. Response develops, manufactures and markets rapid on-site diagnostic tests at its world class manufacturing facility in Vancouver, Canada, for use on the RAMP® Platform. The RAMP® Platform is sold worldwide and includes a variety of testing applications in the clinical, infectious disease, biodefense and environmental arenas. The RAMP® Platform provides laboratory quality results with the speed, precision and accuracy that many hospitals expect of their central lab systems. It is ideally suited for both point of care testing and laboratory use. The RAMP® Platform consists of a reader and single-use disposable test cartridges and has the potential to be adapted to more than 250 medical and non-medical tests currently performed in laboratories.
The success and constant development of Response is the effect of the extraordinary performances from the Response team. Our employees work in an environment where opinions and contributions are truly valued, and team players collaborate to achieve company goals, milestones, and reach beyond the standards. Many of Response employees have managed to progress in their career within the company. We get excited about the outstanding people that we work with, and look forward to adding to our great team of people. We offer a competitive base salary package, short-term incentive plan, stock options, and benefits program. Response Biomedical borders Vancouver and Richmond, and is conveniently located near the Arthur Lang Bridge, Vancouver International Airport, and is a 15 minute drive from downtown Vancouver. Response is a short bus ride to Marine Drive Station on the Canada Line.
Are you looking to take your career in Sales Account Management to the next level? The Account Manager will be the primary sales contact for Response’s clients, distributors and other interested parties, while supporting sales and marketing staff in terms of customer contact, client/sales research and analyses, sales and marketing strategy development and implementation and other sales and marketing activities. This role involves increasing company revenue by generating sales from new and existing customers. The Account Manager will also work with sales channels to raise awareness of company offerings and initiate new business ventures in order to increase market share and meet fiscal goals.
- Serve as a single-point-of-contact for key accounts; execute all services for client, such as testing, implementation, training, and ongoing support.
- Develop and maintain relationships within assigned accounts; improve client utilization and product/service adoption rates.
- Collaborate with customer contacts, up to and including senior level executives, in order to define needs and provide solutions.
- Identify and target new business sales opportunities and marketing strategies that close quickly for the highest revenue.
- Promote and maintain the organization’s brand image and identity within the marketplace.
- Develop sales goals for territory or area; manage all aspects of strategic sales initiatives for these regions.
- Provide input and assist in development of presentations and other marketing collateral.
- Create and conduct in-depth sales presentations that highlight key benefits, ROI, and value the company’s products/services.
- Assist in the creation of product training plans for sales representatives.
- Identify and resolve risks associated with the delivery and/or provision of customer contracts; manage client expectations throughout the contract.
- Pursue contract renewals and ensure overall client satisfaction.
- Conduct and develop quarterly and annual account reviews in order to effectively manage account lifecycles.
- Develops and manages sales and marketing strategies, marketing plans, implementation plans, and sales processes.
- Oversees the development and implementation of sales program and customer service systems and databases as well as systems for sales forecasting, profit planning, budgeting, costs and margins analysis.
- Develops and manages database of key clients, distributors, and opinion leaders, cultivating and maintaining strong relationships and negotiating/closing sales and partnership contracts, resulting in a comprehensive tracking and contract program leading to sales opportunities.
- Conducts competitive reviews and monitors of competitive technologies and companies worldwide.
- Supports production of collateral marketing and sales materials.
- Coordinates and attends trade shows/seminars.
- Analyzes new market areas and develops business cases/makes recommendations for new projects.
- Maintains a working knowledge of the technical capabilities and developments within the Company.
- Post-secondary education (degree or diploma) in Business Administration, Marketing and/or related science discipline.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years work experience in marketing/sales, preferably in a Bio-technology/Medical Devices manufacturing company
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office productivity suite and skilled in Web-based research activities and programs, such as Salesforce.
- Able to work well within a consultative team-oriented environment while managing account executives. Seeks and welcomes support, feedback, and input from others. Inspires confidence and works collaboratively with others.
- Strong organization skills; able to multi-task and cope with a heavy and varied workload, and have a strong business orientation, with both creative and analytical competencies. Able to influence others.
- Exceptional personal interaction skills; outgoing, confident, and strong personal presentation.
- Self-starter, high energy, goal oriented, willing to learn, seeks out opportunities for career/personal development.
- Strong verbal & written communication skills, willing and able to represent the company.
- Some travel will be required to support regional activities.
Local candidates preferred, as no relocation will be provided. We appreciate the interest of all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.