Citizen Relations - Vancouver
Account Manager (5 - 7 years related experience)
Citizen Relations has created news around the world for more than 25 years. From pioneering the art of the publicity stunt to perfecting the science of how individuals share information within their social networks, we are a united, global network of award-winning professionals with a simple focus -- inspiring citizens to act by creating news, now.
We embrace this age of empowered citizens, where individuals are motivated by more than just what they consume, and care more about how they consume. They are citizens first. Understanding how citizens interact, learn, get inspired and share news within their networks has been the core of our
approach for decades.
From fusing artistic ideas with a scientific news delivery model, to building and protecting brand character, to executing award winning experiential events and digital executions, we maintain a consistent view of the world through the lens of an empowered citizen and an unwavering focus on supporting our clients business-building fundamentals.
Collectively, Citizen Relations has more than 200 staff in 8 cities and partners in more than 60 markets around the globe to deliver campaigns on both a global and local level.
Consistently recognized as one of Western Canada's top PR consultancies, our Vancouver office is growing and Citizen Relations is actively searching for an Account Manager to work across both the corporate and consumer practice areas.
The role and what we’re looking for
You are entrepreneurial about your career and our business and curious about current events and the role Public Relations can play to enhance the success of our clients, our team and our company. You want to work on a wide variety of accounts and are enthusiastic, hard working and engaging. In particular, Citizen Relations is seeking someone who can:
- Serve as day-to-day account lead across multiple accounts
- Demonstrate sound knowledge of traditional and new media
- Provide exceptional media relations results for our clients and actively maintain relationships with reporters/producers/bloggers
- Manage challenging media or client requests with limited senior support
- Develop communications plans for both corporate and consumer clients
- Engage directly with clients offering strategic counsel (both in person and in writing)
- Possess the ability to multitask and meet tight deadlines
- Develop knowledge of social media trends and tools on an ongoing basis
- Take a project leadership role in tactical execution
- Participate in new business pitches to present key program elements
- Manage campaign budgets effectively and ensure accurate billing of time and costs
- Produce accurate and timely client reports and keep clients appraised of activity status at all times
- Be proficient in using Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Google Mail/Google Docs
- The ability to effectively manage staff, budgets and timelines
- A Bachelor’s degree in public relations, marketing communications, political science or similar
- At least 5 -7 years of directly related experience working in an agency environment or on the client side – with both corporate and consumer project experience
- A strong understanding of the media landscape in British Columbia
- Ability to prioritize multiple demands in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Entrepreneurial attitude
- Team player and generous and respectful spirit
- Contributor to a great team culture
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated initiative