Citizen Relations - Vancouver
Account Manager / Senior Account Manager
(5 - 8 years related experience)
If you're interested in building your career by working at one of the country's top PR firms, then we would love to hear from you. Citizen, recently named the 2013 Canadian Public Relations Agency of the Year (Holmes Report), offers strategic PR advice and communications counsel to some of world’s best-known brands, corporations, government departments and not-for-profit organizations.
Citizen has more than 60 team members across four Canadian offices, in addition to offices in the US and the UK, and affiliates throughout Asia and South America. Our team is committed to delivering exceptional client service, infusing programs with creativity, insight, passion and energy.
Consistently recognized as one of Western Canada's top PR consultancies, our Vancouver office is growing and Citizen is actively searching for a new Account Manager or Senior Account Manager to work across both our corporate and consumer practice areas.
The role and what we’re looking for
You are entrepreneurial about your career and our business, and curious about current events and the role Public Relations can play to enhance the success of our clients, our team and our company. You want to work on a wide variety of accounts and are enthusiastic, hard working and engaging. In particular, Citizen is seeking someone who can:
- Demonstrate sound knowledge of traditional and new media and understands what makes for great news
- Provide exceptional media relations results for our clients and actively maintain relationships with reporters/producers/bloggers
- Manage challenging media or client requests with limited senior support
- Develop communications plans for both corporate and consumer clients
- Engage directly with clients offering strategic counsel (both in person and in writing)
- Possess the ability to multitask and meet tight deadlines
- Can confidently manage large scale events
- Serve as day-to-day account lead across multiple accounts
- Develop knowledge of social media trends and tools on an ongoing basis
- Develop specific knowledge of the industries and practices within which you work
- Take a project leadership role in tactical execution
- Participate in new business pitches to present key program elements
- Manage campaign budgets effectively and ensure accurate billing of time and costs
- Produce accurate and timely client reports and keep clients appraised of activity status at all times
- Be proficient in using Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Google Mail/Google Docs.
- A Bachelor’s degree in public relations, marketing communications, political science or other equivalent experience
- 5 -7 years of directly related experience working in an agency environment or on the client side in a communications role.
- A strong understanding of the media landscape in Western Canada
- Ability to prioritize multiple demands in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Entrepreneurial attitude
- Team player and generous and respectful spirit
- Contributor to a great team culture
For more information about our work and our consulting team, visit our web site at www.citizencanada.ca