Overview & Responsibilities:
Canada Newswire (CNW), the nation's largest news and information distribution service, is seeking an Account Executive to join an exciting and dedicated B2B Sales team in beautiful Vancouver, BC.
The Account Executive at CNW provides a high level of service to existing clients, with an emphasis on growing revenues within the account base and prospecting for new business opportunities. The Account Executive will be responsible for maintaining and building strong relationships and for growing an existing assigned territory through right selling the CNW portfolio of services.
A Day in the Life
- Build funnel with identified prospects and opportunities within the assigned territory
- Determine needs through questioning techniques in order to recommend specific services, products and solutions.
- Strategically plan client/prospect visits to cultivate relationships, perform presentations, offer innovative programs to help enhance the client’s communication plans
- Attain assigned sales plan and financial objectives
- Recommend alternate services based on cost, availability, specifications.
- Present pricing and credit terms in accordance with company standards and procedures, as well as, customer profitability profile.
- Proactively recommend items needed by the customer to increase customer satisfaction and improve transaction profitability.
- Educate customers regarding terminology, and features and benefits of services in order to improve service related sales and customer satisfaction.
- Contact clients/prospects following sales engagements to ensure ongoing customer satisfaction and resolve unexpected issues/concerns.
- Implement sales strategies/call prioritization to achieve revenue targets
- Prepare reports to document activities/results in salesforce.com.
- Participate in regional networking events.
- Research opportunities for market expansion.
- Qualify leads and covert them into sales of CNW product and services.
- Secure new sales opportunities within the existing client base
- Pursue prospect opportunities within the assigned territory.
- Minimum 4 years of experience either selling to or working in the Communications/Compliance space.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience is required
- Experience communicating and selling a service.
- Proven track record of highly effective sales techniques through the phone, email and in-person sales resulting in consistently exceeding sales objectives.
- A good business sense-is able to analyze a client’s business, understand the financial metrics, and demonstrate to clients the cost/benefit of the service offering.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong computer skills, proficient with a sophisticated CRM system.
- Knowledge of social media environment
CNW offers paid training, a competitive salary, a wide range of employee benefits and an opportunity for growth in a highly motivated news environment.
Think you've got what it takes? Apply today!