Are you creative-driven? Are you curious and ready to tackle big business problems? If so, maybe we should talk!
Cossette is a dynamic Canadian marketing communications agency. We have been around for more than 45 years. We have offices in all regions of the country and although we are considered part of the Canadian agency establishment, we’re anything but stuffy. In fact, we are the exact opposite. Cossette has a reputation for being innovative and entrepreneurial. We pride ourselves in our agility, creativity, our currency and a certain kind of edginess. We play hard and we work hard. Perhaps that’s why we previously were named one of the best 50 employers in the country. At least that’s what we think. But you don’t need to take our word for it. Come and learn for yourself.
WE ARE CURRENTLY HIRING AN ACCOUNT DIRECTOR
As an Account Director managing several of our larger clients, you’ll be a vital part of the Cossette team and responsible for the success of your clients. Beyond establishing strong client relationships you are also adept at managing employees and creating internal relationships to navigate complex projects by engaging the right people throughout the course of the project. As a senior member of the account team, you are ultimately accountable for the successful delivery of work, ensuring the quality of strategic or creative outputs, timely delivery, and budget accountability. As the leader, you will be responsible for ensuring that our clients receive the most intelligent, creative and comprehensive responses possible.
You take pride in being a strong, accessible mentor – ensuring the growth and development of your team is as important as managing your clients’ business. Additionally, you must be a confident, capable leader, who is solutions-oriented, makes decisions, can react quickly and strategically to change. Plus someone loves a good challenge!
- Liaising with clients at a senior level on a day-to-day basis
- Working with other senior management to generate new accounts
- Completing projects to a specific schedule and within an agreed budget
- Using your skills to push clients, and the agency, creatively and strategically ensuring that the agency, in every department, delivers the best possible product, firmly grounded in a thoughtful, strategically sound understanding of the client’s business, the account’s long-term direction and the task at hand
- Assume, in partnership with the strategic planning, full responsibility for the brand’s strategic direction
- Advance the professional development of the people directly reporting to you, be willing to delegate, monitor their work, be a readily accessible resource and provide regular performance feedback
- Keep senior management informed of any issues affecting the overall health and profitability of the account
- Obtain client feedback and identify problem areas before they become major issues
- Be a leader, reinforcing the company’s value and culture
- Prior integrated advertising / marketing experience at a senior level (7 – 10 years agency experience preferred)
- Experience leading large or complex accounts
- Strong relationship builder and a problem solver
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
- A hands-on leader, who is capable of coaching and motivating a team of juniors
- Strong project management skills with the ability to handle a high volume of work
- Experience in 1:1 (CRM) an asset
When you join Cossette you are entering the top rank of the Canadian advertising industry.
- We offer the opportunity to work with leading industry clients and a bright new office space that inspires creativity.
- Competitive compensation and benefit packages and the opportunity to advance your career quickly
- We are looking for people who think outside the box. After all, that’s what advertising is all about.
- In order to foster this we offer:
- A flat corporate structure. You will have the opportunity to work alongside senior level executives throughout the entire organization.
- A flexible work schedule and a business casual environment.
- Our entrepreneurial culture encourages creative input from every discipline and all levels of the company!
- Oh, and did we mention that we throw amazing parties!
Please apply for career opportunities via our career page in order to stay up to date with our most accurate and available openings. Applications submitted outside our career page will not be reviewed.
Take a look at our career website. Perhaps there is an opportunity that is waiting for you!
*We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Cossette is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. Cossette is committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.