Resorts of the Canadian Rockies Inc. is looking to fill the full-time year round position of on-site Wordpress Web Developer / Designer working in our Calgary Office.
This position will report to the Director of IT for RCR while working closely with our Marketing team. To be considered as a candidate you will have at least 3 years of experience developing and designing customer facing websites. Skills must include great project management, organization and the expertise to complete a site from initial design to implementation. You must be an excellent communicator and team player and have great written and oral communication skills with a customer service orientation. We focus on building and maintaining long lasting relationships with our staff and guests and encourage you to come "Experience the Ultimate" and be a part of our staff team.
This is an exciting opportunity to work for the largest private owner/operator of ski resorts in North America, proudly operating Fernie Alpine Resort, Kicking Horse Mountain Resort, Kimberley Alpine Resort, and Nakiska Ski Resort along with additional Golf properties and Ski Resort in both Western and Eastern Canada.
Some of the responsibilities for the position include, but not limited to:
- Design and implement websites from concept, site architecture, user interface to finished deliverable in a Wordpress environment.
- Design Wordpress sites from initial Photoshop concept through layout and html/css.
- Code custom functions, plugins and templates to create custom themes.
- Design and implement new features, content and enhancements to existing websites.
- Create exciting graphical content to support our Ski and Summer businesses.
- Consultation and collaboration with other RCR departments and external industry representatives as required to meet objectives
- Maintain and contribute to the corporate values of RCR, Policies and Safety Management Program.
- 3+ years of experience working in web and interface design
- Strong knowledge of Wordpress beyond the basic of utilizing the out of box CMS features
- Strong CSS, HTML5 and PHP/MySQL skills
- Ability to multi-task, work independently, and manage multiple projects while retaining an attention for detail.
- Ability and desire to adapt to new responsibilities and learn new skills
- Experience working in professional, profit and guest service focused environment
- Personal interest in skiing recreation an asset.
To be considered in addition to your resume you will submit 3-5 URLs of projects you've worked on recently with descriptions of the specific contributions you made to those projects.
RCR offers industry competitive compensation and benefits in a supportive working environment. We thank all applicants for their interest in Resorts of the Canadian Rockies; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your resume with cover letter, salary expectations and a short description about your love for the outdoors.
Job LocationCalgary, Alberta, CanadaPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular