StarTech.com is a global manufacturer of hard-to-find connectivity parts. We make it easy for IT professionals around the globe to find and get the part they need to enable their business solutions.
Founded in 1985, in London, Ontario, StarTech.com has operations in Canada, the United States and the United Kingdom servicing over 35,000 resellers worldwide.
We innovate, design and make a wide range of unique, specialized or hard-to-find parts and accessories that connect and enhance business technology. Our friendly, professional and responsive employees, proprietary web resources and channel partners ensure that the right product is delivered to the IT professional.
StarTech.com is currently listed as a 50 Best Managed Company in Canada, one of Canada’s 50 Best Small & Medium Employers and is an honoree on the INC 5000 list of the fastest growing private companies in the United States for six consecutive years.
In an intermediate role in the organization, the Website Producer will be responsible for ensuring the design of the StarTech.com website and related tools are current, consistent, and professional, with an additional emphasis on usability. The Website Producer will work with the Website Designer to create mockups for internal review, then use the approved mockups to create graphic assets that will be used by the Web Developers (and sometimes the Website Producer or Website Designer as well) for creating functional web layouts. The Website Producer will also review all new web pages and tools (and any significant changes to existing tools) before they are promoted to the live site in order to ensure they meet our graphical standards.
- Develop original layouts and graphic treatments to solve design challenges and meet the functional needs of our websites
- Develop designs that are fresh and original but also maintain a degree of consistency with existing website look and feel
- Provide PDFs of layouts and circulate for internal review. Update the layouts to address any feedback received and recirculate.
Creation of Graphical Assets
- Use approved layouts to create graphic assets for on-line delivery
Develop Web Layouts
- Write HTML, CSS, and proprietary template code necessary to adapt visual treatments into functioning web pages
- Review own work and that of all Web Team developers before they go live in order to graphic standards are met for professionalism and consistency in a variety of browsers and platforms
- A minimum of 3 years work experience as a full time web producer, designer or developer
- College diploma or equivalent in the field of graphic design or interactive design
- Able to provide a strong portfolio of sites designed
- Detail oriented
- Able to offer and receive constructive feedbackAble to work independently and in teams
- Familiarity with current versions of relevant industry software, such as the Adobe Creative Cloud
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and effectiveness
- Ability to express ideas in user-friendly language to non-technical staff
Our core business hours are Monday – Friday 8:30am to 5:00pm.