Main Library, 100 Norfolk Street
Reporting to the Director of Library Systems, the successful candidate will be responsible for designing the new Guelph Public Library’s Children’s web portal.
The Web developer/Designer will be responsible for the development and design of major and minor Web applications and components for internal and external Library users. The developer will create, test and deliver web applications and components. Enhancements and defect resolution will be required in an ongoing basis. Best practices and design methods will be utilized to ensure the success of the project.
Flexibility, adaptability and the ability to learn quickly in various technical and creative environments, while delivering quality work by tight deadlines, are key attributes of this individual.
- Operates effectively as a member of the IT team
- Operates effectively as an individual for quick turnaround of enhancements and fixes
- Responsible for meeting expectations and deliverables in time and in high quality
- Responsible for the development and integration of web applications and components
- Effectively develops in a clean, well-documented, maintainable format
- Demonstrates creative, technical and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in both technical and business environments
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience in developing websites and programming
- Practical exposure and/or experience with some or all of the following: MS SQL Server, PHP, ASP.NET, ColdFusion Server, CFML, CFScript, IIS and Windows Server environments
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Desire and willingness to work in a collaborative, innovative, flexible and team-oriented environment.
- Portfolio of previous work is required to apply for this position.
GPL is strongly committed to diversity and welcomes applications from visible minority group members, women, Aboriginal persons, and people with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
Reasonable accommodations are available upon request, to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Temporary 4 weeks
Full-time Monday to Friday 9am-5pm (35 hours/week)
Posting start date:
February 28, 2014
Posting end date:
March 7, 2014 5 pm EST