When mining companies seek to increase mine productivity, they turn to Gemcom for technology and services. The Company is home to world renowned and award winning mining solutions and to industry thought leaders who are pushing the boundaries of what's possible in mining.
Gemcom has a global reach, delivering comprehensive solutions in all major mining centres in more than 130 countries. Every major mining company, including BHP Billiton, Codelco, De Beers, Newmont and Vale, is a Gemcom client. Through a combination of organic growth and strategic acquisitions, the Company has become the largest global supplier of mining software solutions.
The Website Coordinator/Web Developer will work closely with Gemcom's Marketing team and will be responsible for the design and maintenance of Gemcom's websites and the development of online interactive content used in integrated marketing campaigns. The Website Coordinator/Web Developer will create and optimize visual designs and concepts in a web and multimedia environment and will be required to work across a multi-cultural global team over multiple time zones. The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic, flexible, have a strong work ethic and a passion for coming up with interactive designs to simplify complex ideas.
- Design intuitive and engaging websites with consistent navigation and compelling visuals.
- Development of interactive media and online marketing materials, including: online advertisements/ banners, Flash animations and demos, and online direct marketing campaign elements (HTML email, landing pages).
- Regular web reporting and analysis for campaign tracking.
- Manage and be the resident expert of our marketing automation system (eTrigue).
- Design of templates in eTrigue for email campaigns and eNewsletters.
- Web form layout and design, and the interfacing to eTrigue system to capture lead information.
- As needed, may be required to manage relationships and work quality with outside designers.
- Commitment to learning new rich media technologies as they emerge.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 3-5 years proven experience in web design, utilizing a Content Management System (CMS), and interactive media environment. Come prepared to show a portfolio of examples to demonstrate experience.
- Extensive knowledge in a Drupal-based CMS, with the broad experience in editing PHP code.
- Experience with marketing automation systems (like eTrigue) and interfacing them with websites.
- Ability to take graphic designs and/or rough concepts and convert them into HTML.
- Developing and maintaining new and existing page templates, graphics and style sheets.
- Strong understanding and experience in website navigation and optimization, search engine optimization (SEO), and web reporting/analytics (e.g. WebTrends).
- Experience in creating meaningful website traffic reports, using WebTrends or a similar web analytics tool.
- In-depth experience in Flash content creation and in developing and maintaining Flash elements for existing website would be nice to have.
- An understanding of building web designs across multiple browsers and operating systems.
- Intermediate to expert ability using: DreamWeaver, HTML, Acrobat, Microsoft Office.
- Strong working knowledge of image editing, illustration, page layout and design tools (i.e. Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign).
- Familiar with email blast programs.
- Must have excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal. Other languages would be a bonus.
- Strong communication skills and ability to express and communicate design themes and concepts clearly.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage and estimate multiple projects.
- Flexible to changing deadlines and priorities.
- Willingness to work flexible hours to accommodate global release schedules.
- Must work well in a collaborative team environment to brainstorm design ideas and then be able to work with a high degree of independence to flesh out the design concepts.
- Must be creative, efficient and accurate with a keen attention to detail.
- Working on multiple design projects simultaneously, both independently and with others.