OpenText Enterprise Information Management (EIM) technologies and business solutions allow organizations to take full advantage of enterprise information to gain better business insight, capitalize on opportunities to positively impact the business, improve process velocity, reduce risks related to information governance, and protect sensitive information and intellectual property from internal leaks and external threats. With growing volumes and a host of formats to manage and leverage, organizations need to bring structure to the unstructured. By doing so, they will be unleashing the power of information to drive faster decision making, improved agility, strong security policies, and an increased ability to both exploit the opportunities and control the risks of enterprise information.
OpenText provides solutions across the entire range of core EIM capabilities – sophisticated, secure, high-value, and cost-effective – onsite, via mobile devices, private cloud, or in the cloud.
Purpose of Position:
The Intermediate Web Writer is responsible for writing and publishing Web content for the corporate website and online campaigns and participating in social media programs. As part of a cross-functional web team, the Intermediate Web Writer will work with Web development team members, product managers and corporate marketing to develop and publish content in a collaborative environment. The ideal candidate will have an understanding of the nuances of writing for the web and an appreciation for the needs of users. In particular, this candidate should understand how to write for a non-linear medium, and how to structure text so that it easy to read and navigate on-screen.
• Maintain and update corporate webpages and online campaigns. Monitor online content to measure and refine its effectiveness. Write and Present content in a format that meets Web usability standards and is consistent with company information design guidelines and brand image. Actively participate and contribute to web team's creativity, efficiency and accomplishment of broad goals and policies identified by the strategic web team. Other duties as assigned.
- 3-5 years of experience with proven web writing and editing skills, including product descriptions and promotional copy
- Experience in writing for the Web, content management and internet research
- Experience with social networks and the implementation of social media marketing
- Experience with HTML, CSS, and working with content management systems (CMS))
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Excellent proofreading skills
- Precise attention to detail
- Strong ability to manage time, prioritize tasks and work under pressure
- Good understanding of SEO (Search Engine Optimization) techniques and Web usability standards
- Maintain and update corporate webpages and online campaigns
- Monitors online content to measure and refine its effectiveness
- Write and Present content in a format that meets Web usability standards and is consistent with company information design guidelines and brand image
- Actively participate and contribute to web team's creativity, efficiency and accomplishment of broad goals and policies identified by the strategic web team
- Other duties as assigned
- A four-year college degree in English, Communications and/or Journalism.
For more information about Open Text and Open Text job opportunities, visit http://www.opentext...reers.html
OpenText is an equal opportunity employer that hires and attracts talent regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, age, veteran status, or sexual orientation. At OpenText we acknowledge, value and respect diversity. We draw on diversity of thought and experience to reflect the rich array of cultures representing our broad global customer base.
As a technology company, we can only be as good as the people who are part of our team. To that end, we seek talent with diversity of life experiences and perspectives from around the world!