Hot House Marketing is looking to add a new addition to our creative and innovative team.
So what do we do here at Hot House? We produce results.
We’re kind of an ad agency, but we like to think we’re a little bit better, a little tougher and a little smarter. Our primary focus is to solve tough business problems for our clients, big and small, with a focus on cause marketing.
Some things that we offer include:
- Exciting and casual work environment with a fun, creative group of people
- Work in a renovated heritage building with a convenient downtown location, walking distance to lots of great lunch spots
- Unlimited coffee and lattes from our high-end Jura coffee machine
- Work with a wide variety of clients, everyday is something different
- An excellent medical and dental benefit package
Hot House is currently looking to add a talented Web Developer to work as part of our digital team.
The daily duties of this position include contributing to the development of new websites and landing pages, as well as the maintenance of existing sites. This person should have the ability to think on their feet to solve problems and serve our clients at a moment’s notice. Applicants should have top-notch skills, but also see challenges as an opportunity to learn new things.
Potential Web Developers should have excellent skills in the following areas:
- Front-end development skills using HTML, CSS, Sass and jQuery
- Back-end development skills using PHP and MySQL
- Responsive design
- WordPress development, ability to create a custom theme from scratch while providing CMS functionality for all required areas
- SEO best practices
- Basic use of Adobe Photoshop
- Website hosting setup and manipulation of DNS settings
The following skills get you bonus points, but are not required:
- Experience with Drupal or another common CMS
- Development of HTML emails and testing
- Knowledge of online marketing and experience managing campaigns, specifically Google AdWords
- iOS and Android app development