Vision Critical is an award-winning and fast-growing company that provides market research technology to over 600 clients worldwide, including one third of the world’s top 100 brands. With offices across the globe in North America, Europe, Australia and Hong Kong, Vision Critical leads the world in interactive research. We provide technology and expertise to help companies create engaging and insightful relationships with their customers to drive better, faster and more cost effective business decisions. Our software allows clients to do internet based market research using interactive surveys, photos, videos, audio and 3D simulations. In addition, Vision Critical’s Global Partner Program provides other research companies and consultants with access the top-of-the-line technology which we create. Our VC Community Panels product is the most widely adopted community panel platform on the planet.
We are on the leading edge of technology, we take good care of our people and we get recognized for it. Recently Vision Critical was amongst Deloitte’s Technology Fast 50, BC’s Top Employers and Canada’s Top Employers for Young People. We’re growing fast, developing cutting-edge technology and research techniques that bring clients the insight they need to get inspired, be innovative and make bankable decisions.
We reward self-starters, firecrackers, collaborators and life enthusiasts. We can’t abide stagnancy or bureaucracy. We thrive on change and ambitious goals. Let’s talk.
WEB DEVELOPER - VANCOUVER
The web developer will work closely with the marketing team on all web projects. As the technical expert, we will rely on you to stay updated on the most current technologies and best practices of website development and bring that into your work. You will be responsible for proactively maintaining the technical integrity of the site and working collaboratively with the marketing team to find creative options, solutions, and workarounds. You can take an innovative approach to problems and never say "no, that isn't technically possible”, but instead be the person to say "that isn't technically possible, but we can to try X or Y instead." You are able to work quickly in a very fast paced and demanding environment while maintaining an extremely high quality of excellence.
- Maintain www.visioncritical.com site and regional websites
- Take ownership of all the technical requirements for projects
- Be proactive at maintaining the integrity of the site and improving it constantly
- Understand business goals and challenges and work towards them in every project
- 4+ years of related professional experience
- Experience with Drupal 7 is a must
- Drupal theming and module development experience - you have built several in the past
- Good working knowledge of existing Drupal modules and when they apply to a project
- Strong background developing with PHP / MySql on the LAMP stack
- Expert knowledge of HTML, JQuery, JavScript, AJAX, CSS
- Strong knowledge of OO design principles
- Strong understanding of SEO and the development skills to support SEO
- Strong project management skills
- Experience with methodical QA processes
- Experience working with a marketing department
- Experience with responsive web design is an asset
You are the right person for this role if you are
- A strong communicator; you are clear, concise and straight to the point and you are not afraid to express your opinion
- Extremely detail-oriented; no errors get past you
- Passionate about web development and always up to date on web dev trends and practices
- Able to stay cool under pressure; you never let a huge workload get the best of you
- Flexible in changing requirement and deadlines; you always find a way to get it done no matter what