NAIT’s Marketing and Communications team is seeking an enthusiastic and talented developer to lead internal and external web development activities. Reporting to the Manager of Web and Digital Media, the Web Developer is responsible for creating, developing, and implementing technical elements of NAIT’s web presence.
The individual will provide technical designs and frameworks, build new websites and develop web solutions for clients across NAIT. This role will work closely with Marketing & Communications, Information and Technology Services (ITS) and various personnel to ensure NAIT’s web presence supports ongoing marketing, communications and social media efforts.
- Consultations with stakeholders – through close consultation with internal stakeholders, translate their business needs into cohesive customer-centric web solutions that align with NAIT’s strategic direction.
- Technical solutions and documentation – mapping business requirements to web application functionality, outlining the data and application needs to support the current and evolving business functions and the appropriate supporting web technologies.
- Creation of new websites and applications to support marketing and communications initiatives, including solutions for developing social features internally.
- Collaborate with graphic design team and developers from Information and Technology Services on web application development.
- Maintenance and ongoing design of current websites and interactive components.
- Development of websites built in OpenText CMS from visual designs.
- The successful applicant will be a self-motivated professional who takes ownership of his/her work, and works well in a team environment.
- Outstanding customer relationship skills in the areas of responsiveness, analytical thinking and problem solving.
- Superior planning and time management along with excellent verbal and written communication skills are required. The ability to develop strong customer relationships, communicate clearly, and understand a wide range of needs for different internal and external customers is critical.
- Excellent skills in requirements gathering, analysis, assessment, and documentation, coupled with a deep understanding of new web technologies and social media platforms and tools.
- Minimum five years directly related experience. Post-secondary education in related disciplines preferred.
- Experience developing websites in content management systems (preferably OpenText CMS)
- Experience with server-side technologies such as ASP.NET, Java, SQL and an understanding of object-oriented programming.
- Must have excellent problem solving skills and love technical challenges.
- Knowledge of emerging web-based and social communication tools.
- Ability to effectively track and document issues and their resolutions.
- Attention to detail and the ability to function in a dynamic and demanding work environment is essential.
Remuneration: Salary will be commensurate with education and experience.
We thank all applicants for their interest in NAIT as an employer. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.