Web Developer full-time
When you surf online, do you find yourself critiquing a website’s functionality and usability? Are you familiar with responsive design and content management systems? Are you excited about the possibility of developing engaging websites that help Canadian families? Then you may be just the person we’re looking for to work on our talented digital media team that values innovation, excellence and teamwork.
As the web developer, you’d work alongside marketing specialists, graphic designers and writers to improve usability and engagement on our existing websites and create new content online. As the in-house technical web expert, you would troubleshoot functionality defects, create landing pages and other web content, project manage technology partners and speak into the online marketing strategy.
- Monitor websites to detect and troubleshoot functionality defects
- Recommend improvements on existing sites and implementing approved suggestions
- Liaise with third-party vendors to manage development projects
- Conduct A/B tests on websites and implement winning solutions
- Research mobile and site development trends and best practices, and make recommendations based on findings
- Work with the integrated marketing team to determine the strategy, structure and functional scope of new web properties to ensure maximum impact and engagement
As the ideal candidate, you will have:
- 2-3 years of experience in web development and design. A degree or diploma in web development or a related field would be considered an asset.
- Experience with creating effective websites using standard compliant code.
- Software experience with CMS, Dreamweaver, Fireworks, Photoshop and MS Office. Experience with Drupal CMS, Google Analytics/Content Experiments would be considered an asset.