We don’t walk here. We run.
We take the stairs ‘cause it’s faster.
We have no time for the status quo.
Our mission is bigger than that.
As our Web Developer, you embody what it means to be beautiful tough. You are passionate about creating the most disruptive product innovations in the industry while being supported by a team who is building an award-winning legacy as the world's next iconic global brand.
- Deliver a leading customer experience using the latest web technologies
- Full project involvement from design through to testing and implementation
- General UI background (Information architecture, site flow, accessibility, browser capabilities, etc.)
- Full understanding of the development cycle from requirements gathering to project delivery
- A technical innovator - able to identify, understand and implement viable new technologies
- An appreciation for the broader RYU Apparel Inc. brand strategy and how technology supports these objectives
- Stay up to date on the latest trends and emerging technologies within the industry
Required Skills & Experience
- Expert WordPress.org experience
- Experience building AJAX driven interfaces using commonly used libraries
- Expert level in versioning practices (Git)
- Proficiency in PHP/MySQL
- Firm understanding of progressive enhancement and graceful degradation
- Ability to optimize web graphics from complex Photoshop comps
- High proficiency in accessibility standards & requirements
- Strong visual design and rapid prototyping skills
- Experience working with APIs
- Firm understanding of responsive design techniques including mobile & tablet design and implementation
- Experience and expert understanding of SEO best practices, CMS, E-commerce, social media integration and agile development techniques
- Super bonus points for candidates with the ability simplify the complicated
- Code examples required
Preferred and Favored
- Active in coding community - Github commits, meetup and conference attendance, social participation, etc.
- Passion for staying up to date on latest coding standards and practices
- E-commerce experience for a large internet retailer
- Degree or diploma in computer science or related field
- 3-5 years front end development experience
- Experience required with the Shopify & WordPress platforms