Web Smarts Desired: William Joseph Communications is seeking a Web Developer. Please note that this job is located in our Calgary office and is not eligible for relocation.
The successful applicant will be responsible for creating database-driven web applications that adhere to the industry's best practices and W3C standards.
This is an excellent opportunity to become part of an aggressively growing marketing agency conducting leading online projects with high-profile clients.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate friendly and professional interpersonal skills, is self-motivated, highly organized, and, above all, passionate about everything to do with the web. A desire to learn new technologies and methods is also expected.
Specifically, your role will include the following:
- Experience with a wide variety of CMS platforms (Drupal, Joomla, WordPress, ModX, Expression Engine are required competentcies).
- Building websites that validate in both HTML and CSS according to World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) standards.
- Cross-browser and cross-platform testing.
- Consulting and providing recommendations, where appropriate, to enhance functionality and usability for internal and client projects.
- Maintenance and upgrades to existing websites and applications.
- Documenting code.
- Delivering client training.
- Research and development with new technologies.
Desired Skills & Experience
- A post-secondary degree or diploma in computer science, web design certification, or equivalent work experience.
- In-depth knowledge of XHTML / CSS and PHP. - .NET/ASP is an asset.
- Experience with database technologies, particularly MySQL.
- Experience with Content Management Systems, particularly MODx, WordPress, Drupal & Joomla.
- Capable of creating high-quality and well-tested code in a fast-paced agency environment.
- Ability to work efficiently to adhere to project deadlines.
Required Personal Traits
- Excellent oral, written and presentation communication skills.
- Strong sense of project ownership and pride in finished work.
- High attention to detail.
- You are passionate about the web, and take pride in everything you work on, no matter how big or how small.
- Strong Problem-Solving Skills - “I don’t know” is not in your vocabulary.
Preference given to candidates with experience in the following areas:
- Flash / ActionScript
- Social Media Application Development
- Mobile Web and Application Development
- Object-Oriented Programming / Analysis / Design
- Working with client technologies PC/Mac, Flash, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign.
- Agency experience is not required by highly preferred.
William Joseph is abrand-building agency. We are fearless in our quest to deliver meaning and action. We engineer connections between ideas and people. We know, by experience, that good ideas don’t come easy and that play is a necessary ingredient of the creative process. We believe in transparency and honest collaboration. Our clients’ stories are told with passion and purpose. We know who we are, but more importantly, we know where we are going. We are not consultants who will partner with clients to simply get them to where they want to go – we are transporters of insight who will take them to places they never thought possible.