Tsavo Media has established itself as a leading online media publisher. We've taken an active role in shaping the landscape for seekers of information, products and services all over the world. Tsavo Media has more than 15 million visitors to our network each month, more than 300 websites offering consumer information and professional services, and thousands of regionally focused local websites.
Benefits & Rewards
Tsavo offers its team members a broad range of rewards and benefits. Competitive compensation, a flexible, friendly work environment and added incentives combine to make our employees true partners in our success.
Tsavo actively supports its employees' career development goals. Our employees are urged to take extra courses, attend seminars or begin long-term educational programs. We offer opportunities to attend company-sponsored training and encourage attendance at industry and career-related conferences and events. There is plenty of opportunity to contribute and make a difference.
Tsavo's culture is exciting and vibrant. We work under the premise that a collaborative work environment which supports creativity will yield best results for all. Challenging projects, cutting-edge technology and talented co-workers combine to make coming to work each day a pleasure.
We believe that creative minds need plenty of opportunities to unwind and recharge. Tsavo is committed to providing team members with opportunities that make work genuinely pleasurable. A well-stocked refreshment area, company sports teams, fun team-building expeditions and other activities all serve to promote a good work-life balance and foster a strong sense of community among our employees.
Do you have a passion for all things design when it comes to digital media? Do you thrive in a fast paced, high growth, and innovative environment? If you're dedicated and creative with a passion for the internet, social web communities, and multimedia design, Tsavo Media is looking for you.
Tsavo Media is hiring a multimedia designer and conceptual thinker who lives and breathes the web. You'll join our team in Waterloo, ON, in the brainstorming, design and production of new web sites, templates and interfaces.
We're looking for a creative and innovative designer who thrives in a team environment.
- Work with project managers and editors to build and manage websites on various platforms using various tools
- Update and upgrade existing websites as required
- Design/develop new websites including logo design
- Update and enhance acquired websites
- Develop HTML/CSS templates from user interface sketches, comps, or detailed specifications
- Hand-code standards-compliant HTML and CSS
- Create themes in popular CMS platforms such as WordPress and modify code as required
- Follow style guidelines and conventions
- Image creation and manipulation as required to support development tasks
- Design various sign-up pages, banners and forms to support monetization efforts
- Test, track, and resolve bugs
- Coordinate tasks and workflow with a multi-disciplinary team of content specialists, developers, and others
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of experience with HTML and CSS layouts
- Experience integrating front-end templates with back-end functionality
- Familiarity with Web Standards
- Ability to hand code websites in HTML
- Ability to work on several projects concurrently
- Knowledge of cross-platform and cross-browser compatibility issues
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team or individually with minimal supervision
- Excellent time management skills and work ethic
- Desire and ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Knowledge of SQL Server database server
- Experience with WordPress including ability to handcode websites
- Experience with or knowledge of XML, PHP and ASP.NET are an asset
- Experience designing/styling mobile versions of websites
- Experience implementing search engine optimization, search marketing and social media optimization techniques
- Start-up experience preferred or a self-starter approach to work, with an eagerness to consistently meet and exceed objectives and take on more responsibility
About Tsavo Media
Tsavo Media has established itself as a leading online media publisher. We've taken an active role in shaping the landscape for seekers of information, products and services all over the world. Tsavo Media has more than 15 million visitors to our network each month, more than 300 websites offering consumer information and professional services, and thousands of regionally focused local websites. Millions of people visit our websites to find information about countless topics and products, including Legal & Medical Services, Finance, Electronics, Health & Fitness, Fashion, Education, Home & Garden, Automotive and Travel. We're working to provide the global community with the most current information on the most searched subjects.