Perform a variety of functions related to managing the College's websites, including Web page creation, design, coding and testing, and implementation. Provides exceptional client-centred service on a consistent basis to all stakeholder groups.
- Designs and produces College websites: receives requests for website development; conducts needs assessments; develops plans to handle the requests.
- Manages and uses the College's enterprise Web Content Management System (CMS).
- Develops and presents workshops, courses and training seminars.
- Occasionally designs and produces artwork for printed materials in support of MCO's print production team.
- Performs other related duties.
To Be Successful in this Role You Will Need:
Completion of a 2-year program in a related field at a recognized post-secondary institution with a minimum of 2 years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of training, education and experience.
Proven ability in designing large, complex websites and creating functional architecture for them, together with proven hands-on ability to create appropriate graphics, navigational tools and multimedia.
Thorough grounding in web design principles, and the specific technical, aesthetic and functional aspects of designing effective communication for digital media, plus willingness to keep up-to-date with technology, theory and best practices related to website navigation, design, usability and management.
Proven working knowledge of web and graphic design software including Photoshop, Dreamweaver, and Acrobat; familiarity with Illustrator, Flash and InDesign will be considered an asset.
Familiarity with W3C standards, including WAI recommendations for accessibility of devices used by persons with disabilities will be considered an asset.
This is a regular full-time position. Regular hours of work are 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, Monday to Friday. Occasional evening hours and weekend work may be required.