Tracking Code210905-071Job Description
Join the Perficient IBM National Team, and you will play an integral role in impacting some of the country’s most dynamic companies. With broad industry resources and deep technical expertise, we collaborate with clients to cultivate ideas and deliver results. Choose a career with Perficient, and enjoy a challenging and dynamic environment where innovation and interesting work is part of daily life.
Perficient belongs to an elite group of IBM solution-focused business partners. We architect, design and implement industry-focused, integrated solutions leveraging the entire IBM Software Suite of solutions, including Business Analytics, Information Management, Commerce, Portal, Content Management and Collaboration, SOA and Integration.
Perficient currently has a career opportunity for a Web Designer / Developer in our IBM Commerce National Business Unit.
- Participate in all aspects of the software development lifecycle which includes estimating, technical design, implementation, documentation, testing, deployment and support of eCommerce solution for our clients. This includes but not limited to eCommerce web site, mobile eCommerce sites, as well as custom mobile applications.
- Projects primarily involve customization of the eCommerce framework on the IBM WebSphere Commerce platform. In addition, will incorporate the latest technologies to deliver on client requirements. As such, should be able to quickly analyze the fitment of IBM WebSphere Commerce for the business requirement, identify gaps and suggest solution.
- Work in a team environment with solution architects and developers on interpretation/translation of wireframes and creative designs into functional requirements, and subsequently into technical design.
- Involve in front-end and server-side development of robust, high-volume eCommerce systems, as well as be able to develop prototypes quickly.
- Ability to conceptualize and transform web site design in Adobe Photoshop to templates with JSP and CSS.
- Prepares and executes unit test plans with test data and scripts.
- Profile eCommerce application to identify performance bottlenecks and develop improvements.
- Experience with application servers such as WebSphere, JBoss and Weblogic
- Experience with SOAP and REST based web service development
- Knowledge with graphic, multimedia and web design software such as Adobe Photoshop is desirable
- Knowledge in search engines such as SOLR and Endeca is desirable
- Knowledge in iterative and parallel development model is desirable
- Certifications in Java, WebSphere Commerce, WebSphere Application Server and DB2 are a plus
- High integrity and motivated
- Problem solving skills and learning attitude
- Good communication, analytical and presentation skills
- Team player
- Process oriented
IBM has acknowledged and awarded Perficient’s technical expertise and innovative approach to solving our customers’ business challenges. Some of our most recent accomplishments include:
- 2013 IBM Worldwide Performance Management Business Partner Excellence Award
- 2013 IBM Enterprise Content Management Business Partner Award
- 2012 IBM Information Management Integration Excellence Award
- 2012 IBM Business Analytics Solution Provider Achievement Award
- 2011 IBM Business Analytics Solution Provider Achievement Award
- 2011 IBM Information Management Solution Excellence
- 2010 IBM Information Management Partner of the Year
This is a full time position with Perficient. We offer a competitive base salary, bonuses twice a year, a full benefits package including medical, dental and vision, a 401(k) with matching contributions, 3 weeks of paid time off (PTO), and 10 paid holidays per year.
** Please note that benefits for Canadian employees differ than the benefits outlined herein. Canadian citizens will be contacted directly by HR to go through a separate enrollment process.
Perficient is a leading Information Technology consulting firm serving clients throughout North America. Our IT consultants deliver business-driven technology solutions that enable our clients to gain competitive advantage, make their businesses more responsive to market opportunities and threats, strengthen relationships with customers, suppliers and partners, improve productivity and reduce information technology costs.
Since 1998, we have delivered successful project engagements for hundreds of Global 2000 and other large enterprise customers. During that time, we have grown from a startup to a publicly-traded firm with approximately 1,800 full-time professionals serving clients from locations in 24 strategic markets across North America, global delivery centers in Europe and China, and a technology consulting recruiting office in India.
We have deep domain expertise in technology solutions that differentiate our firm. We use small, expert project teams that deliver high-value, measurable results by working collaboratively with clients through a user-centered, technology-based and business-driven solutions methodology. We believe this approach enhances return-on-investment for our clients by significantly reducing the time and risk associated with designing and implementing eBusiness integration solutions. To learn more about Perficient's services, solutions, products, and locations go to www.perficient.com.
Perficient is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national, origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job LocationToronto, Ontario, CanadaPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular