Web Designer full-time
Imagine a world where you are connected to millions of people. Where being connected means bringing new technology to life. Where we make things happen when we work together. Just imagine what being on the leading edge of technology could do for you, for everyone! At Shaw we believe a diverse workforce fosters diversity of thought and perspective, and more diversity means more solutions. We invite all qualified individuals to apply.
Shaw is a family-oriented, Canadian owned business with over 14,000 employees across the country, providing services to more than 3 million customers with top quality cable TV, Internet, digital phone, direct-to-home satellite services, and programming including Global Television and 19 of the country's most popular specialty channels.
Career Opportunity: Web Designer
Shaw Media's Online Experience team is currently seeking a Web Designer to join their team. This position reports directly into the Manager of Creative, Digital.
The primary function of this role will be to create professional online/mobile presentations that help support and promote our conventional and specialty television brands and shows.
- Design graphics and page layouts for ongoing site and content updates
- Ad media design and production
- Provide production support on medium and large-scale projects
- Maintain and adhere to site design standards and content templates
- Deliver solutions within existing constraints and limitations
- Work collaboratively with project teams to meet business goals
- Accountable for accuracy, project deadlines, and contributing to project completion
- Convey knowledge of current web trends, user experience and the project process
- Support and exhibit departmental core values; positive, flexible, enthusiastic and professional
Required Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Related post secondary education or commensurate experience
- 3-4+ years of relevant experience in a busy, demanding studio environment
- Design portfolio that clearly demonstrates required skills and experience
- Excellent knowledge of current web trends, image optimization and production best practices
- Excellent skills in design, layout and typography
- Proficiency using industry standard tools including; Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign Dreamweaver, and Flash as well as Adobe Acrobat.
- Beneficial but not mandatory to be proficient in front-end web production using HTML and CSS
- Highly organized and accountable self starter who is able to juggle multiple priorities
- Strong attention to detail and time management
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
If you value a workplace that promotes accountability, exemplifies loyalty, never compromises integrity and has a strong social conscience then start your career with us by applying now.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted. This position may require/requires the successful completion of a criminal background check.
Shaw Media, through its third party vendor, collects and stores information applicable to the candidate profile you create when you submit the information asked for below. The use and disclosure of the collected information is for the sole purpose of job search and placement activities for Shaw Media. The information is subject to Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. The information will be retained and when disposed of, it is done so in a secure manner. Your profile will become inactive and moved to the archive if you do not access your profile for a period of 1 year.