An exciting and challenging opportunity exists to become part of the Roots Interactive and E-Commerce Team…
Customers today are more sophisticated and better educated than in any other previous generation. They decide what they want and how they want it. At Roots, our challenge is to anticipate what they’ll want and be ready with a solution. When we’re really good, it’s something – a product, a service, a whatever – that’s so intuitively perfect the consumer hasn’t even imagined it could exist. Your job? To present these ideas in an exciting and engaging manner to consumers through digital interfaces… whether it is an email, a homepage, mobile phone or ad banner.
This individual will have various tasks throughout the day. All tasks will have the common underlying goal to serve up content to our customers in an exciting consistent manner that is on brand and coherent with all other communications and visuals.
Web Designer - contract position
- Develop marketing content and user interfaces for the Roots.com homepage, department pages, category pages to help drive bottom line sales and increase conversion rates in HTML5 and Photoshop
- Assist in the development of Roots content on social networking websites, blogs and other partner websites
- Add content to photo galleries, press areas and blogs as required
- Develop banners and other advertising units in both jpgs and animated gif formats
- Ensure visual look and standards of Roots are maintained and presented online in a unified and consistent manner
- Ability to manage expectations and complete multiple tasks within tight deadlines without effecting quality
To be successful in this role:
- A love of fashion
- Experience in HTML5, Photoshop and Dreamweaver
- Be a positive thinker that is able to create innovative and original solutions
- Understand online communities and social media
- Be able to work in a fast paced environment
- Willing to take initiative and obtain required resources while working as part of a team
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Attention to detail a core requirement
- Ability to work independently and within a team, with a sense of urgency
- Photoshop CS5, Dreamweaver MX, FTP, HTML5 and CSS.
- Image Ready, Illustrator CS, Excel or and SSI’s would be an asset.
- Active participant in social networking websites (i.e Facebook, Pinterest etc…)
- Preference given to candidates who have experience working with video content