Web Designer full-time
This position will be responsible for the, design, prototype, implementation and maintenance of two corporate websites - Decisioning Solutions and Roamex. The ideal candidate will have approx 2-5 years experience with a diploma or degree in Web or Digital Media Design / Computer Science and demonstrated excellence in web design and development.
- Familiarize themselves with the existing web presence and/or applicable content
- Present some high-level concept ideas for the design and layout
- Implement the web site in an interactive fashion with review / feedback sessions
- Provide a flexible and administrable news and current events component
- Create content for marketing materials (brochures and newsletters)
- Ensure a reliable indexing and search component
Thorough knowledge of the following:
- Excellent Image Creation/Editing skills
- Solid Flash (or comparable) skills
- Solid PHP or JSP (or comparable)
- Experience with AJAX is an asset
- Familiarity with Indexing / Search options / Google Analytics
- Good Communicator - expressing your ideas both verbally and written
- Problem solver, think on your feet and use initiative
- Excellent verbal and written English (Fluency is a must)
- Strong attention to detail
- Be social media savvy
This position requires the candidate to be well organized; detail orientated, efficient, responsive and possess a good work ethic! The ideal person must also be able to work to tight deadlines and be capable of handling multiple websites.
NOTE: All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
The office is located in downtown Toronto on the corner of Bloor and Yonge directly above the TTC subway intersection. Working hours are Monday -- Friday, 08.30am -- 5pm.