Location :North York ON CA M2H 3R6
Job Type :Contract
Career Level :Experienced (Non-Manager)
Education :College Diploma
Job Description :
Sony is looking for a creative individual with strong technical skills for the role of Web Designer in our Canadian Corporate Head Office.The Web Designer is responsible for design and development of the store.sony.ca website. This role will work closely with internal resources and business units to make structural changes, enhancements and content updates for web sites in support of campaigns, new product launches and other initiatives. This team member is collaborative and ready to take leadership when necessary.
Key Responsibilities • Lead projects such as major structural changes and enhancements to the website
- Develop strong conceptual designs with extreme attention to detail
- Update, maintain and create web content
- Provide insight and suggestions for web development strategies
- Contribute through creative concepts and creative input.
- Create designs that are consistent with our brand guidelines including look, feel and tone. Be accountable for brand consistency.
- Balance and manage own workload according to established business priorities.
- Be detailed in your organization of projects. This includes management of project briefs, awareness of project specs, deadlines, etc.
- Contribute a strong understanding of effective and revenue generating online creative
- Coordinate efforts with other Systems Developers to ensure that technical standards are complied with
- Understand expectations that were set and recognize when issues/events may affect the business
- Ability to lead by example & articulate ideas to the team.
- Recommend new initiatives to management team which add functionality and value to customers' web experiences
Job Requirements :
The ideal candidate should be energetic, passionate, uniquely creative, and a self-starter with experience in web page development and maintenance of web sites through a web content management tool. Strong knowledge of web-oriented development technologies is required. The candidate must be motivated and skilled troubleshooter/debugger with an ability to work both independently and as a member of a larger team. A strong digital portfolio demonstrating all types of web design across different web clients is required.
- Minimum 3- years’ experience in interactive web and graphic design with a strong focus on eCommerce
- Advanced proficiency of Adobe Creative Suite (MAC)
- Strong Content Management System experience
- High level of proficiency in typography, branding and identity design
- Knowledge of web design best practices, including image optimization and responsive design
- Ability to lead by example and articulate ideas to the design team
- Proven strength in interpersonal and organizational skills
- Willingness to learn new technologies and methodologies