Markham, Ontario, Canada · Web Development
We are looking for a talented Web Designer to create amazing user experiences. The ideal candidate should have an eye for designing with a purpose, possess superior user interface design skills and be able to translate high-level requirements into beautiful, intuitive, and functional designs.
You enjoy collaborating with design and programming teams but also have the ability to work alone and get things done.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to programming
- Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblocks
- Create wireframes, user flows and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Present and defend designs and key milestone deliverables to peers and executive level stakeholders
- Design the structure, caching methods and front-end functionality of web content ensuring stability, bandwidth efficiency and cross platform support
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards
- Work on multiple client sites in multiple verticals
- Perform site testing, maintenance and content updates
- 3+ Years of web design experience
- Demonstrable graphic design skills with a strong portfolio
- Solid experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, or other visual design and wire-framing tools
- Proficiency in Bootstrap framework
- Excellent visual design skills
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Up-to-date with the latest Web trends, techniques, and technologies
- Generate clean and maintainable HTML code and CSS for all modern browsers
- Exceptional writing and communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to juggle multiple projects of various (and sometimes shifting) priority levels, and still deliver on time
- Preference will be given to candidates who have previous work experience in a design agency environment
- Experience building & using Content Management Systems
- Experience building & using eCommerce websites
- Knowledge of search engine marketing; including organic search (SEO) and PPC campaigns
- Familiarity with content marketing strategy and social media
Monday to Friday flex hours, half day Fridays in the summer, stocked kitchen, company events, paid continuing education.
ABOUT RAVENSHOE GROUP
We are a full service marketing agency with clientele ranging from big-box Canadian retailers to local businesses. We consider ourselves the extended marketing department for our clients when they need extra support or expertise to lean on for unique and large projects.
What began as a small family-run business has grown to be a diverse, tight-knit team of individuals who value team work and dedication to achieve our clients’ desired goals. We run a lean team, but are outfitted with extensive resources and ample support to always help our employees further their skills and knowledge.