The Web Developer, Online Communities is to contribute to the design, development and approach to the technical aspects of all the data elements related to the project.
Responsibilities and Deliverables
- Design, develop, architect and implement new functionalities for the Intelex portals
- Review and assess and provide recommendations to implement changes to intelex.com
- Monitor and test all code changes to ensure the highest quality product
- Trouble shoot and debug issues on Intelex portals
- Partner and collaborate with the Marketing team and establish new designs and features for intelex.com
- Develop and maintain mobile site in intelex.com
- Maintain blog.intelex.com WordPress site
- Deploy updates to internal test and production sites
- Support internal clients with various web-related request and issues
- Develop and implement process improvements to ensure efficiency
- Research, communicate and implement industry best practices
- Reports to the Technical Lead – Online Communities.
- Builds and maintains relationships with cross-functional teams within the organization.
- College diploma or University degree in Computer Science
- Nice to have experience with SQL Server 2008/2012 T-SQL.
- Web development passion and experience combined with a good sense for visual design, style and user interface heuristics
- Great attention to detail, with a desire to build the best looking and the most user-friendly web applications
- Integrity and commitment to quality (critical business processes will depend on your work)
- Familiar with best practices regarding responsive web design and SEO
- Collaborative team player with ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Ability to collaborate with different stakeholders, including Product Managers, Marketing, Software Developers, Professional Services
- Passionate about new web technologies and the latest trends
With more than 850 clients and 750,000 system users across dozens of industries, Intelex Technologies Inc. is a leading global provider of environment, health & safety (EHS), quality and business performance management software.
Trusted for more than two decades, Intelex's scalable, web-based platform and suite of EHS, quality and business performance applications have helped clients across all industries improve performance, reduce risk, streamline their business processes and ensure sustained compliance with internationally accepted standards and regulatory requirements.
Intelex continues to win an array of accolades, having been named one of Canada's Best Managed Companies, as well as ranking in the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 North America for five consecutive years and Deloitte Technology Fast 50 North America for three years. Intelex was included on the GTA’s Top Employers exclusive list for three years in a row and Best Employers in the GTA for two years; the results were published in The Globe and Mail and Toronto Star. Intelex was also named one of Canada's 50 Best Small and Medium Employers two years in a row and ranked in the Great Place to Work in Canada list for the past two years.