We are looking for a dynamic Web Design & Digital Production Specialist to join the team in our Peterborough (Ontario) office. Sometimes called obsessively detail-oriented by your peers, you have a passion for progressive uncluttered design. You keep current with leading coding and design standards and trends, but aren’t afraid to push the needle and innovate. Sound interesting? Read on.
THE BIG PICTURE
In this role you will be contributing to the conceptualization of online campaigns, interactive educational materials and designing creative assets for online marketing initiatives including web site design, banner campaigns, social media and email campaigns. We’re a progressive organization that has experienced explosive growth with a focus on online marketing. This is a chance to be part of an amazing team that executes quickly and one where you can apply your passion for design with an entrepreneurial ﬂair. If you’re an emerging creative designer with some front-end development experience and understanding, you’re what we’re looking for.
- Passionate about design, user-experience, new technology and the mobile web
- 2+ years of experience in web design and digital marketing
- Ability to hand-code semantic HTML and CSS quickly
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (specifically Photoshop)
- Understanding of W3C compliance and Web Standards
- Ability to communicate clearly with team members and client
- Experienced working within brand guidelines and design parameters
- High attention to detail
- Comfortable with Mac OS X
- Designing and coding for Email Marketing
- Drupal and Wordpress customization
- Front-end web frameworks like Bootstrap
- Mobile and responsive design
- Flash Actionscripting
- Contribute to the online community through sites like Dribbble, CodePen, GitHub, etc
- Solid understanding of social media and the marketing techniques that are possible with it
- Bilingual is preferred but not required
Relevant online portfolio required.
All applicant portfolios meeting the above criteria will be reviewed. Although OUTDOORsmart! appreciates all applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.