Web Content Manager full-time
OpenFile is looking to hire an exceptional web content manager. OpenFile is a collaborative local news site. People suggest a story. We assign a reporter. Together, we shape the news. Come join our outstanding team of editors, journalists, designers and developers in Toronto’s Liberty Village.
We are looking for a dynamic, self-motivated individual with experience and skills in web content management, editing for the web and site management.
The website content manager will be responsible for managing the organization’s online presence to ensure we delight visitors in each city we serve. This person will maintain site standards and assist with new development. The website content manager will be responsible for ensuring site modules and content are up-to-date and consistent across all our properties.
Strong communication skills are essential, as the role requires interaction with many functional areas and people of different skills and background - developers one minute, journalists the next. The role requires a strong attention to detail and ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Help create, develop and manage content for the organization’s web presence (requires working with content management software)
- Help coordinate web projects across departments
- Implement module updates & security updates (using the content management software)
- Working with a cross-departmental team (under the technical and interaction team), to maintain and develop the master content calendar for all web properties
- Track and report on all site metrics
- Work cooperatively with key team members, clients and vendors
- Troubleshoot reported online glitches and make recommendations to technical and interaction leads
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills
- Advanced knowledge of HTML & CSS and experience with Drupal or a similar popular content management system
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Basic Adobe Photoshop skills
- Proven ability to build consensus and work effectively within a cross-departmental team
- 3-5 years experience managing content and production for high traffic websites
- Passion, Integrity and Energy!