Web Content Coordinator - The Shopping Channel
Our E-Commerce Team is currently seeking a Web Content Coordinator. The successful candidate will work with other members of our Online Content Team to execute various tasks associated with setting up products for our website. Your primary responsibilities will be to write enticing, informative and search-engine optimized product content ensuring customers have all the information necessary to finalize their purchase with us. In addition, a large portion of this position involves close cropping, pen tooling, wanding product images across all online commodities, using Adobe PhotoShop CS3 or higher. You must be proficient in both copywriting/editing & image cropping.
- Additionally, you should thrive in a very fast-paced environment and be comfortable with working under pressure and meeting tight deadlines.
- Within established timelines, write (approximately 25-35 product descriptions per day), edit and proofread enticing, informative and search engine optimized product content and descriptions based on information pulled from various resources.
- Develop standardized writing styles for product descriptions taking into consideration the commodity and availability of information.
- Resolve product description issues in a timely manner.
- PhotoShop product images (close cropping, pen tooling, wanding, resizing, colour correcting) approximately 30 to 60 images per day, or more as needed.
- Categorizing and setting up products with emphasis on strong execution and accuracy using our web-based content management system.
- Final Quality Control (QA) for all products with a focus on categories, descriptions, images, etc.
- Working with other members of our Content Team to ensure the item setup workflow is continual and deadlines are met as required.
- Primary backup support source for on-air content coordinator processing all on-air cropping, categorizing, activating and quality control elements as required.
- Backup source for video processing (VOD) which entails using our Video Content Management Tool to edit pre-recorded video clips for our website and ensuring they are processed correctly and in a timely manner.
- Build strong relationships and work closely with various members of the immediate Web Team and other departments.
- Adhere to all applicable health and safety regulations, both legislatively mandated and as outlined in company policy.
- Performs other content/duties as assigned.
The position will involve occasional evening, weekend and holiday shift work.
- A college or university degree in a related discipline.
- Post-secondary education in Web Design/Online Media/OCAD a definite asset.
- Previous experience working in an online retail environment, ecommerce and/or Marketing website is an asset.
- Excellent copy editing skills and a proven ability to communicate effectively in the English language, either written or verbal.
- Exceptional eye for detail, editorial judgment and grammatical skills, with the ability to work well under extreme pressure.
- Excellent Adobe PhotoShop and Premiere and HTML experience a definite asset.
- Results driven, stellar multitasking, organizational and time management skills.
- Accurate typing skills with speed and efficiency a must.
- Ability to take initiative and maintain assigned workload consistently.
- Expert working knowledge of Internet, Word, Excel, Internet Explorer and Outlook
- The selected candidate is required to provide two business references as well as successfully complete a criminal background checks.
The future is exciting and Rogers and The Shopping Channel are leading the way.
The Shopping Channel is Canada's only 24 hour televised shopping service. We sell over 15000 products through our various channels that include Phone, Web and Catalogue orders. Our drive to provide the latest and most innovative products ensures that our customers enjoy unmatched conveniences, reliability, and flexibility.
Are you ready for a high-energy career that feeds your enthusiasm? Join us now.