Growth is a top priority for Agrium and it doesn’t just apply to the nutrients we make or the size of our Company. To achieve growth and remain healthy and profitable we need talented, diverse employees to support our initiatives. In 2014, we were named as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, one of Alberta’s Top 65 Employers, one of Canada’s Top 100 Best Diversity Employers and one of the 2013 Best 50 Corporate Citizens in Canada. Come grow your career at Agrium where our employees strive to make a difference and take pride in helping to feed the world.
Reporting to the Manager, Corporate Relations, the Web Content Advisor is a junior-level role responsible for creating website pages, writing and managing engaging content for Agrium’s external and internal websites, supporting entity social media channels, and project managing and editing video production initiatives. While the focus of this role is predominantly web content management and related training/administration, a small percentage of the Advisor’s time will also be spent support video production, photography, social media administration, and other projects as assigned.
- Working closely with the IT Applications Development team, supporting stakeholders across the organization with implementing content strategy and managing day-to-day requests using pre-developed templates from an established enterprise content management system (CMS).
- Oversee CMS training to support stakeholder content author training in support of decentralized content model
- Administer entity Google Analytics including report creation, report generation and training for content authors
- Project management and editing of video production initiatives with support from third-party vendors.
- Maintain content governance and processes, including brand guidelines, across all web and social media properties
- Member of the Communications Support Team for Crisis Communications
- Your background should include 1-3 years of practical experience and a Bachelor’s degree in Communications or related equivalent diploma. Successful completion of internships or co-operative education programs may be considered. A digital or multi-media certificate is also an asset.
- Demonstrated experience in the operation of an enterprise content management system is strongly preferred. (Drupal preferred).
- Strong understanding of how to interpret wireframes and excels at understanding user experience/usability best practices and principles. Experience working in responsive/mobile website design.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and a demonstrated ability to write for an online audience.
- Approaches problem solving/troubleshooting in a methodical order to determine the root cause of an issue
- General understanding of new media including social media, photography or video and digital reporting tools. Experienced at interpreting web and social media analytics.
- Excels in project management, organization and problem solving, with the ability to diagnose technical issues around the use of web content management systems or other common software.
- Detail oriented, self-starter with a good understanding of technology and online space who thrives in a fast-paced, team oriented environment.
- Technically proficient in the following: enterprise content management systems (Drupal preferred), Adobe Creative Suite CS6 and Premiere. Social media channel administration is also considered an asset.
- Ability to work well independently, or in a team setting, and a willingness to learn, sharing information with peers, management and users is a must. Adaptability; flexibility and the ability to prioritize tasks and projects are critical to this role.