Vice President of Strategy
Salary: $220,000.00 - $260,000.00/Annually
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: 0013
1818 Cornwall Ave
Vancouver, British Columbia
V6J 1E3 Canada
The VP Strategy is essential to lululemon athletica’s continued success and rapid
growth. Through analysis of current and potential lululemon athletica business strategies and strategic initiatives, you will drive decisions and ensure that the business is supported by sound operational and financial analysis.
Given the position's emphasis on successful strategy execution, a results-driven, an effective manager with a proven record of achievement is required. You will benchmark innovation and opportunity within the retail sector. An affinity for out-of-the-box thinking and sweating every day is essential.
•Manage strategy development. Liaise with the senior leadership team to develop the overall planning cycle, including annual business strategy reviews, strategy agenda and annual and quarterly plan.
- Take a critical role in building a collaborative cross-company approach; work with relevant teams within lululemon athletica to identify upcoming opportunities.
- Develop long-term vision around the evolution of existing markets and competitive landscape; synthesize critical trends that will impact our business, create structure for identifying risks.
- Work closely with stakeholders across functional areas and within business units to drive cohesive strategic view of the business; synthesize analysis to deliver key insights and recommendations around priority growth opportunities, business model evolution, and critical capital allocation decisions
Required Skills, Experience and Academic/Educational Requirements:
•10+ years experience with a top management consultancy or in a strategy role in a blue chip company
•Experience working in a vertically integrated global retail environment
•Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Business or related field; an MBA is desirable
•Strong intellect, able to deal with complex and ambiguous situations
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to build trusted
relationships with all levels of staff and external contacts.
• Strong presentation skills with the talent to present and influence diverse audiences
on business initiatives and strategies.
• Able to handle confidential information with discretion
• Ability to recruit, train, develop, evaluate, discipline, reward, coach a team in a way that attracts and retains high quality and qualified employees
•Proven relationship management experience
•Proven forecasting and budget management experience
•Comfortable with rapid growth and changing environments
•Strong computer skills including Word, Excel, databases and POS systems
•Proven work ethic with utmost integrity
•Actively live and breathe the lululemon culture
•Self-awareness, with a desire for constant self improvement (goal –oriented)
*Comprehensive benefits package including extended medical, dental & disability and performance based bonus & equity available