Build reputation and engagement across key vendor and media audiences by developing and maintaining a PR function that will drive increased market and brand awareness for InfoTech Research Group. In addition manage all vendor relations and vendor awards processes and optimize Active Outreach Programs with the goal of driving increased media coverage of Infotech Research Group.
Major Responsibilities/Key Activities/Tasks
1.Build and maintain an effective PR function with the goal of growing a PR team, maximizing media coverage and developing strong working relationships with key media contacts whilst also managing an effective and efficient Active Outreach Program;
- Manage the coordination of all public relations activities; develop relationships with PR companies particularly those in Toronto representing major U.S. tech vendors; manage media lists to distribute and promote press releases and News Briefs on topical issues tied to the research agenda; promote new product releases like SoftwareReviews
- Develop media relations strategy, seeking high-level placements in print, broadcast and online media sources.
- Research and devise new concepts for Active Outreach Program to ensure we are continually staying ahead of our competition; research ways to improve and optimize active outreach activities and track success.
- Conceptualize PR campaigns, create content from targeted lists and manage all follow up communications with journalists
- Work with various internal departments to understand and build effective press releases related to new content and breaking news
- Manage all daily administrative tasks associated with this role including; maintenance of the media/press kit, coordination of analyst bio’s, daily PR posts through social media, maintenance of records, reporting and processes; meeting with various internal stakeholders to understand needs and provide insights
2.Manage Vendor Relations program and all associated operational management, including oversight of the Vendor Awards Program, with the goal of establishing and maiming relations with the vendor community.
- Build reputation and engagement across key vendor and media audiences.
- Review current vendor process for effectiveness; provide insights for optimization, design and implement changes as required
- Edit and approve external briefings, request letters and factual reviews; compose Vendor Landscape “Champion” press releases and associated Marketing collateral; execute contacts research
- Responsible for the management and effectiveness of the Vendor Awards program and all associated operational tasks including ongoing management of vendor communications, selections and shortlisting; manage all media communication with partners and ensure effective coverage of award winners; manage feedback streams to vendors and partners
- Responsible for ongoing content of Vendor Center on the Web including analyst bios and company information.
- Attending industry events and in-person vendor briefings to nurture relationships.
- Update all internal systems and documentation as require
- Recruit and retain a team to support the PR functions; work with internal Talent Management team to develop hiring strategies that will identify, attract and retain top level talent; develop career paths and growth opportunities; coach, mentor and inspire
- Adhere to company policies and procedures
Education and Experience
- Minimum 10 years working in a PR function, ideally a mix of In-house and agency based so you have been exposed to a variety of industries, clients and company sizes
- Proven experience managing vendor relations and activities
- Results-oriented, self-driven with a passion for success.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and priorities simultaneously.
- Proven track record of consistently exceeding targets.
- Exceptional written communication skills.
- Business and persuasive writing skills
- Enthusiastic and motivated individual with a strong work ethic.
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail.
- Conversant with office computing programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.) and office protocol.
- Excellent oral and written communications and ability to work collaboratively with all levels within the company.
Please note: If you are unsure of any component of this process, please consult a recruiter.
ITRG is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other legally protected factors. To that end, upon request, ITRG will ensure, to the extent possible, that accommodation be made available to applicants throughout the recruitment and hiring process.
Position Evaluation Information
- Is this position a People Manager? Not initially but will develop
- # direct reports; anticipate 1-3 eventually
- # years’ experience required to be proficient in this position: 8
- Minimum number of years’ experience required to be considered for this position: 10
- Education Level Required: N/A
- Mandatory Certification: N/A