Do you know what makes The Home Depot the largest home improvement retailer in the world? Our people. We do all we can to empower those within the Home Depot to tap into their potential and make a difference where it matters most – for our customers and for themselves.
Do you have what it takes to make an impact on the world’s largest home improvement retailer?
Discover what it’s like to be part of a team responsible for helping millions of people complete thousands of home improvement projects every year. Search corporate careers today.
The Visual Designer is responsible for executing digital design and graphics for content and products on homedepot.ca and the mobile apps. Other responsibilities include creating interactive pieces or custom page designs for how-to projects, events and brand pages as well promotions on outside websites, all of which contribute to increased sales and strengthened brand awareness for The Home Depot.
- Creates visual layouts for online & mobile
- Prepares product images to maximize product presentation
- Prepares marketing banners and other promotional assets for homedepot.ca
- Designs distinctive icons to facilitate shopping
- Works with user experience designers to create final visual mock ups against wireframes
- Packages and delivers assets in required format (online)
- Contributes to the development and maintenance of style guides and digital design standards
- Authoring within the CMS
- Education Required - The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
- Physical Job Requirements - Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Additional Qualifications –
- Solid knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite; strong knowledge of HTML, CSS, basic front-end development, Good understanding of user experience and user interface design
- Strong design portfolio with at least 4-6 yrs of experience in the interactive design industry
- Educational diploma in Design, Multimedia, or a related field
- Ability to adapt to a variety of visual styles is essential.
- Solid illustration/design skills
- Comprehensive understanding of interactivity and the Web
- Ability to articulate creative ideas
- Knowledge of information architecture and usability best practices.
- Some technical knowledge of various Web platforms
- Working knowledge of marketing, finance, human resources, advertising, merchandising and operations
- Ability to problem solve and make decisions consistent with department/company objectives
- Ability to create visual solutions consistent with industry trends yet unique and innovative
- Good teamwork and communication skills
- Ability to translate complex information into easy-to-understand designs and visual elements
- Knowledge of industry best practices
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and deliverables
- Some project management skills
Thank you for applying to The Home Depot Canada. Our careers allow you to “unleash your inner orange” to improve the lives of our customers and yourself by helping them to complete their projects. Please note applications will only be accepted online and only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.
The Home Depot Canada is committed to diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.