Do you have a passion for creating and delivering amazing designs that communicate and tell stories? Do you seek out challenging work and problems that will flex your creative muscles? If you do and you like to collaborate with similar minded people, the IBM Toronto Design Studio has an immediate opening for a Visual Designer. Come join the talented and creative people of our established design studio, located in Markham, Ontario.
- The role of visual designer will span several different projects
- The role will involve the design and creation of icons, web banners, posters, diagrams and other graphics for IBM web sites, conferences and software products (e.g. creating graphical elements for user interfaces, creating diagrams that illustrate technical concepts, creating occasional marketing or promotional items, creating posters and web banners for internal communications web pages, etc.).
- The role demands demonstrated experience with current tools and methods, but also a requirement to investigate and learn new approaches to solving problems.
- The Visual Designer must be a self-starter, creative in their thinking about design issues, have a basic knowledge of design principles in order to work with other designers.
- Demonstrated communication and documentation skills to be able to work with a wide variety of people (designers, information developers, developers, product owners, etc.) - both face-to-face and via conference calls.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 2 years of demonstrated knowledge of key design tools such as Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator
- At least 2 years of demonstrated graphic design skills for creating visually compelling artifacts, icons, mockups, etc.
- Demonstrated communication skills and an ability to drill down to a customer's requirements
- An understanding of guidelines and standards of web design
- Knowledge of HTML and Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) is a bonus
- Comfortable working in a dynamic, team based environment
- Portfolio of previous work must be presented that demonstrate an understanding of visual design
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
Required Education: High School Diploma/GED
Preferred Education: Bachelor's Degree
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.