May 21, 2014.
Administrative Support 4.
Tourism, Parks and Recreation.
Tourism, Parks and Recreation, Canmore - The Canmore Nordic Centre Provincial Park (CNCPP) is looking for a motivated and innovative leader to join our service-oriented team. This permanent position reports to the Area Manager and is responsible for ensuring the CNCPP has positive, effective and efficient interaction and communication with the general public and other stakeholders. The position is critical in ensuring the CNCPP continues to be an inclusive, responsive and innovative year-round recreational venue for all visitors. This position is specifically responsible for:
- The successful development, implementation and delivery of the Sales, Marketing and Social Media Programs consistent with the CNCPP Operational Plan;
- Supervision and delivery of visitor information services and day ticket and season pass sales as well as effective collaboration with the Finance & Administrative Supervisor, Events Supervisor and Recreation Facilities Coordinator;
- Provision of information services and administrative support including phone and email response for CNCPP and surrounding area;
The successful candidate has excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills. Demonstrated experience in effective supervision, sales, marketing and social media is a must.
- Previous education or experience in recreation, marketing or sport administration or equivalent.
- Strong working knowledge of the recreational and sport opportunities, events, stakeholders, and facilities at the Canmore Nordic Centre Provincial Park, Kananaskis Country, and area
- Experience with reconciliation processes, cash handling, and credit card systems;
- Strong computer skills are required with proficiency in web content editing, social media, Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Illustrator and Indesign;
$1,749.11 - $2,144.55/bi-weekly ($45,651 - $55,972) .
This is a permanent salaried 40-hour per week position with weekend scheduling and some possible evening shift work required. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies across government. Final candidates will be asked to undergo security screening