STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as “Scientists Helping Scientists” – standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 650 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in BC.
Currently, we have an opening for Video Editor in Vancouver, BC.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ingesting media and logging clips with meta-data
- Rough cut editing and some fine cut editing
- Syncing of audio files to the video track
- 2D graphics creation and lower third and graphic overlay editing
- Photo editing with photoshop
- Other tasks as needed such as shooting, basic lighting, audio recording, coordination with other departments etc.
- Strong Adobe Premiere CC, After effects, Photoshop and Illustrator skills
- Experience with Cinema 4D an asset
- Thorough knowledge of video codecs, audio codecs, web publishing.
- Preferably 2-4 years of recent industry experience working in an editing production team environment
- A strong work ethic and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and detail oriented with sound analytical skills.
- Ability to multi-task while meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Fluent in English with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Degree in the biological sciences is an asset.