Mattamy Homes is Canada's largest new home builder and land developer, with operations across Canada and the United States. From a humble beginning in 1978, starting with the building and sale of a single home, Mattamy has gone on to build more than 60,000 homes in 150 integrated communities, and counting. In Canada, those communities stretch across the Greater Toronto Area, as well as in Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton, while in the United States, the company is represented in six metropolitan areas: Minneapolis, Charlotte, Phoenix, Jacksonville, Orlando and Tampa. The scope of the company’s operations encompasses land acquisition, community design and development, housing and parkland design, and construction, with particular emphasis on creating communities of enduring value to homeowners.
Mattamy’s Mission is to provide the Best Homeowner Experience
Mattamy’s Core Values are Teamwork, Commitment, and Community
At Mattamy Homes the environment is engaging, exciting, rewarding, friendly and team-oriented. As employees of Mattamy, we truly believe in and are committed to the organization and have a passion for what we do, while continually striving to provide The Best Homeowner Experience.
Vice President - Sales and Marketing
Reporting to the Division President and working in partnership with the Corporate Marketing team, the Vice President of Sales and Marketing will be responsible for developing and implementing sales and marketing strategies and business plans to improve competitive position in the marketplace, whilst enhancing the value of the Mattamy Brand.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Works with the Division President to develop sales and marketing plans for each fiscal year including updates through monthly sales forecasts.
- Creates the vision, strategic plans and theme for each new community including the siting, construction, opening and closing of sales centers and model homes.
- Identifies broad product opportunities in new communities and provides recommendations to the Land Development team to maximize the revenue/absorption potential at due diligence and pre-planning stages.
- Directs and oversees market research and analysis to identify market trends for the introduction of new product, and for the ongoing product planning for all of the Division’s communities.
- Leads Sales team to ensure that sales objectives are achieved while continually monitoring opportunities to provide the optimum balance between maximizing profit while maintaining acceptable sales velocities.
- Oversees division market analyses, (including monthly competitive analysis for all current projects, proforma and preliminary feasibility budget, and proposed revenues and design features) and leverages the data to develop new product lines.
- Produces and adheres to marketing budgets on a project by project basis and monitors all budget variances on a quarterly basis.
- Manages all Purchase and Sale Agreements and related documents, including signatory responsibilities, from point of sale through to closing, to ensure accuracy and conformance to Mattamy’s sales policies.
- Establishes effective advertising, communications & public relations programs, and monitor these programs’ practices and effectiveness to ensure that company strategies and goals are achieved.
- Polices and safeguards the Mattamy Brand in the marketplace, monitoring all representations of the brand internally and externally in keeping with established brand guidelines.
We are looking for a candidate with the following:
Education and Experience
- Undergraduate or Graduate degree in Business (BCOMM, BBA, HBA, MBA)
- 10+ year’s progressive experience in Real Estate sales or marketing.
- 10+ years’ experience in a progressive management role with proven success in sales management results.
- Experience working in the residential homebuilding industry required.
Skills and Attributes
- Demonstrated experience and effectiveness in building, developing and engaging individuals and teams to a high level of continuous performance.
- Experience in strategic planning and execution
- Ability to establish credibility, trust and build relationships with people of all levels of an organization
- Excellent communication, leadership, people management and presentation skills, with an ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in diverse communities and environments.
- Proven track record of continuous learning mindset and behavior.
Mattamy is proud to provide this unique career opportunity in a progressive environment with continuous learning and opportunity for growth, as well as a competitive compensation and benefits package. In addition the successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
- Be a part of a major organization poised for growth, which has a track record of success and strong brand presence.
- Contribute to an award winning and innovative organization, recognized as a leader in the industry.
- Join a team of enthusiastic, passionate and committed employees, seeking challenge…just like you
If you are a results oriented individual with a strong work ethic and have a ‘hands on’ approach, please
forward your application for consideration of a career with Mattamy Homes!