As a UX Researcher at MetaLab you will be responsible for making sure that the design team is set up for success. You will uncover all the dirty secrets from the client and users and present them to the team in a format that will allow them to begin designing a world class product. You will do this by developing a strong understanding of users - framing and defining their key pains and identify product benefits to address pain points. Personas, workflow diagrams and user stories are just a few of your outputs in order to fully arm our design teams.
SPECIFIC DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Identifying the research needs for projects as they come in.
- Developing discussion guides for user research and testing.
- Facilitating, moderating and reporting back on user research.
- Conducting usability testing of clickable prototypes both online and in the field.
- Developing the design brief and presenting to client for final approval.
- Presenting any and all research findings to clients.
- Being available throughout projects to be a resource for the teams around any sort of User questions.
WHAT YOU’RE GOOD AT:
- Running a room - you can confidently and smoothly navigate all types of user research both in person, online, one-on-one and in larger group situations.
- Experience developing personas, scenarios and workflows.
- Technical background or ability to understand complex technical concepts.
- Listening and coming up with solutions - often we are working with first to market products.
- You need to be able to understand user’s behaviour and needs when there is no benchmark to guide with.
- Being concise - the most important thing for our designers is really clear, and concise user pains that can be solved by amazing product design.
- You need to be able to distill and provide clear and actionable recommendations to the design team.
- You're located in Victoria or Vancouver, BC.