As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
Do you want to help us build and launch our next generation cloud-based Analytics platform in a fast-paced startup culture that has the muscle and stability of SAP?
The SAP BusinessObjects Cloud team is looking for a Development Manager to lead the team towards building our next generation cloud-based Analytics platform. Are you a passionate individual with user experience expertise and have a passion for user-centric deign? Do you thrive in managing strong front-end engineers that’s motivated to delivering first-class user experience while staying close to the code and making technical contributions? If so, then this is the right job for you! Help us shape the future.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
Reporting to the Manager of User Experience, the successful candidate will lead a front-end development team that’s focused on building great interactive design experiences. Because we work on the cutting edge, we need someone who is eager to learn, a creative problem solver, resourceful in getting things to work and productive working independently or collaboratively. You are expected to:
- Support in driving the UX roadmap toward building the best possible user experience for BusinessObjects Cloud users and stakeholders
- Working with the Manager of User Experience and the UX Implementation Manager to create alignment on processes, efficiencies and priorities
- Expert in user experience, and encourages the UX design team to reach beyond the status quo
- Support the UX design team, lead prototyping effors and be a stakeholder for user testing
- Stay current on front end technologies and understand how they may fit into or advance our strategic direction
Technical Delivery Management
- Solid grasp of software engineering principles and best practices for front end development & architecture
- A solid understanding of front end and back end integration
- Collaborate closely with UX designers and engineering teams to deliver high quality, testable code and UI components
- Manage projects deliverables and timelines to ensure all assignments are delivered with high quality and on-time.
- Drive quality excellence through test techniques, process, frameworks and tools
- Play an active role in all aspects of the development process (of both new and existing applications and functionality)
- Lead a team of developers in multi-technology environment
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with colleagues across all levels, teams, location and also customers/partners when needed
- Manage the lifecycle of employees – e.g. recruiting/retaining, developing/guiding/motivating, managing performance
- Ensure ongoing communication of company update, objectives, goals and strategy into the UX Development team
- Experience managing up and providing team members with the building blocks to grow in their roles
- Lead by example
- 12+ years experience in the area of software development and front end architecture with proven technical skills:
- Strong competency with HTML & CSS frameworks, as well as vanilla CSS & JS and the ability to train others
- An appetite for researching new technologies, best practices, and implementation techniques, with the drive to implement change, where beneficial to the team and product
- Strong and demonstrated experience leading front-end implementation for software development
- Experience pitching concepts and being a key stakeholder for user experience in a large complex multi-site business environment
- Track record of achieving business targets, like quality, scope and time commitments in an international environment
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- University degree in Computer Science (or related subject)
- Excellent people management skills, strong dedication to the team and mentoring
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- Team player with outstanding interpersonal skills and a high degree of personal initiative
- Flexible to changing priorities and requirements with flexibility to react on new challenges and opportunities
- Ability to encourage innovation and foster a high-energy and focused environment
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.