Idea Couture is looking for an intermediate User Experience designer to join our technology group. This dare-to-be-great situation requires you to see beyond the superficial and dig into our client’s challenges to find simple and elegant approaches. Knowing current industry trends and techniques is expected, but so is understanding when to use them, avoid them or turn them on their head to do something totally different.
You should be comfortable taking on a variety of UX related tasks including field research, requirements gathering, creating flows, wireframes and even prototypes. You should be a self-starter, able to work independently, present your ideas clearly and take feedback from our entire team.
This is a great place to work, but it’s fast-paced and challenging. You’ll work with a creative, dedicated group of people in a fast-paced environment and have a real chance to make yourself and us even better.
- Immersing yourself in a project to be able to clearly articulate the problems you’re trying to solve, goals you’re trying to reach and concepts for how you’ll do it
- Strong collaboration with the team, able to give and receive constructive feedback in a positive atmosphere
- Understanding strategic goals and quickly creating supporting tactics for implementation
- Presenting to clients and often working with them to create and refine deliverables
Required skills / Experience
- You should have some chops from practical experience, either on the development or design side, or even both.
- Experience working with Agile and Lean UX methods
- Clear writing style and good communication skills
- A portfolio is great, but we really want to understand how you work, how you approach problems and see some examples of ones that you’ve solved.
- Commitment to excellence and flexibility - you’ll work to your strengths but you’ll also be asked to move outside your comfort zone
- Some cool personal projects that show who you are
- Commensurate with experience