We are currently looking for a highly motivated User Interface Designer to join our Research & Development Team. Nightingale offers a fast-paced, innovative environment that will challenge your technical aptitude. The successful candidate will contribute to Nightingale business initiatives by supporting team members
with the following activities:
- Create intuitive and attractive user interfaces for a professional web application.
- Design and code interactive prototypes in Flash and Actionscript.
- Collaborate in the definition of user interface design standards for applications to optimize ease-of-use and achieve an integrated and consistent look and feel.
- Work closely with usability team members, product managers, development teams and other internal stakeholders to build proof-of-concept mockups, demos and prototypes of proposed and planned applications and features.
- Translate complex functional and certification requirements into friendly, ‘no manual required’ workflows.
The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated User Interface Designer, with a minimum of 3 years experience in a similar role, preferably in the healthcare field, and will possess the following skills and attributes:
- BA/BS or MS degree in a related field.
- Minimum 3 years working experience as a User Interaction Designer.
- Knowledge of layouts, graphic fundamentals, typography & limitations of the web.
- Must understand Flash and have the ability to translate user stories into practical designs and innovative motion graphics solutions.
- Strong web graphics production knowledge and ability to use Flash as the primary design tool, from conception to final production.
- Ability to organize own work and maintain a high level of performance in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Vision and initiative to start things from scratch.
- Strong attention to detail, and a commitment to delivering highly-polished web-based prototypes under tight time constraints
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must possess a thorough understanding of interactive communications and delivery systems, processes, and user interface design as well as industry best practices.
- Experience with Agile development.
- Experience with graphics software like Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Knowledge of HTML, DHTML and CSS
- Please provide links to your online portfolio, and highlight what work you did on several projects.
What’s in it for you:
Nightingale offers a competitive compensation package, benefits package, performance-based incentives, the right training program and career development opportunities. This is an excellent opportunity to join a fun, growing technology company based in Canada.
Call to action:
Adoption of health care IT is gaining strong momentum. Recent government initiatives in both Canada and the US are providing strong incentives to drive EMR adoption and bring North American adoption from ~25% up to the global standards >85% within the next 3 years.