User Interface Designer (Marketing Department)
Qtrade Financial Group provides comprehensive brokerage and wealth management platforms, services and solutions to the retail public as well as the customers of hundreds of financial institutions across Canada. Since 1999, Qtrade has been dedicated to providing its financial institution partners with a single source for market-leading wealth management products and services including: online, full-service and institutional brokerage services, mutual fund dealer services, insurance dealer services, portfolio management, discretionary money management services and proprietary managed money solutions. Our goal is to be a leading provider of wealth management solutions to enable our stakeholders to achieve their financial goals.
We currently administer over $10 billion of assets through our subsidiaries and have been consistently ranked Canada's best online broker by both The Globe and Mail and Morningstar.
Qtrade is seeking a User Interface (UI) Designer, who will work primarily with web and interactive mediums. This new role will be responsible for creating and executing user interface solutions, as well as maintaining visual, usability and brand continuity.
As part of Qtrade’s Online & Digital Marketing team, our UI Designer will contribute to various web and mobile projects. As a result, they will need to be able to convert highly complex business rules into clean, understandable online solutions.
- Create user interface design solutions as a part of a multidisciplinary team
- Develop conceptual diagrams, wireframes, visual mockups, and prototypes
- Solve all sorts of design challenges with creativity, efficiency and precision
- Produce simple online design solutions, incorporating complex business requirements
- Follow an iterative design process that includes accepting and managing feedback
- Create final visual designs, pixel perfect, for both web and mobile applications
- Reinforce guidelines, best practices, and standards to ensure that interface designs meet business requirements and user needs
- Provide rationale behind design decisions to various stakeholders
- Collaborate closely with visual designers, copywriters and software development team to ensure a smooth transition of design into development
- Ongoing evaluations of existing UI, continually thinking of ways to improve and/or incorporate feedback
- Support appropriate usability testing for different project phases, as assigned
- Support various online design projects, as assigned
Skills and Experience
- 3 - 5 years of work experience as a key member of a UI, UX design team
- Excellent design skills, production value and attention to detail
- Ability to combine user goals and business goals to create a viable user experience
- Strong working knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and associated design tools (e.g. Axure, Sketch, UX Pin etc.)
- Skilled at designing web sites and applications focused on user experience
- Detail oriented, with the ability to collaborate and work effectively as part of a team, handle multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize workload
- Awareness of Accessibility needs and issues is an asset
- Degree/ Diploma
Location: We are located downtown Vancouver at the Bentall One Building (corner of Burrard and Pender) 2 blocks away from the Burrard Skytrain station.