As a global, employee-owned organisation with over 50 years of experience, Golder Associates is driven by our purpose to engineer earth’s development while preserving earth’s integrity. From more than 170 offices worldwide, our over 7000 employees deliver solutions that help our clients achieve their sustainable development goals by providing a wide range of independent consulting, design and construction services in our specialist areas of earth, environment and energy.
We are looking for a User Experience Specialist to help transform our SharePoint/Office 365 intranet into a highly functioning service for our users. As a member of the User Experience team in our Business Services group, your goal will be to improve usability by helping to transition our project teams to a new environment, working directly with our users, in alignment with our organizational and business needs. This position will be located in either our Redmond, WA or Vancouver, BC office.
This position is full-time and reports directly to the Global Leader, BIS User Experience.
- Work with Intranet users such as consulting staff, project managers and admin teams to migrate, publish and manage content on existing and new sites.
- Facilitate the continuous improvement of our Office 365 Team Sites by leveraging out of the box features in order to meet the user's needs.
- Improve the findability of content on our SharePoint/Office 365 environment by helping to implement information architecture Search best practices.
- Work closely with our Training and Communication teams to develop help documentation, online training content, as well as communications for the deployment of Office 365.
- Work closely with the Feedback and Analytics Specialist to gain an understanding of our users, their behaviors, needs and expectations. Facilitate discussions to better understand the user requirements.
- A Bachelor’s degree in UX discipline, information sciences, or a related field;
- Two years minimum related experience in a work or educational setting;
- Experience in taxonomy, classification or content management an advantage;
- Some knowledge of graphic design applications an advantage;
- Some knowledge of Content Management Systems (CMS) an advantage;
- Very familiar with Adobe Creative Suite products;
- Great page layout abilities with strong attention to detail;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills coupled with a strong service delivery mindset.
Our staff benefit from:
- An option to purchase shares in Golder Associates
- Career and personal development opportunities and support of personal growth
- Employee mentoring program
- Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
Golder Associates Statement:
Golder Associates Inc. is a drug free employer and undertakes drug and alcohol testing as allowed by law and pursuant to its Drug Free Workplace Policy. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.