Job Number: 2209242
Business: GE Corporate
Business Segment: Corporate Business Innovations
Career Level: Experienced
Function Segment: Field Services
Location: United States, Canada
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces: Massachusetts, Alberta
City: Foxborough, Albany, Edmonton
Postal Code: 02035-2879
Relocation Assistance: No
GE Intelligent Platforms Software is transforming the way companies do business with high-performance technology solutions powered by the Industrial Internet. We provide customers across various industries with industrial software enabling them to connect their machines, data, and insights, and people to optimize their assets and operations. The results: greater productivity, reduced unplanned downtime, and lower costs. GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The successful candidate will lead GE Proficy Unified Composable Client integration with the Global Professional Services organization and focus on MES engineering and user experience requirements for MES projects.
In this role, you will:
- Consult with both internal and external customers to understand technical requirements for complex MES projects.
- Make technical recommendations for simple, user-friendly customer-facing GUIs (or applications) for GE’s suite of Industrial Internet products while visiting customers onsite.
- Work collaboratively with GE design and development teams who will then build applications for customers.
- Be responsible for evolving software in a fast paced and agile development environment using the latest software development technologies and infrastructure.
- Drive increased efficiency across the teams, leveraging product templates for reuse.
- Understand customer requirements for complex MES projects and provide software coding and UX support
- Have responsibilities to integrate Proficy Unified Composable Client into the organization
- Be responsible for providing technical leadership and defining, developing, and evolving software in a fast paced and agile development environment using the latest software development technologies and infrastructure
- Work with Product Line Leaders (PLLs) to understand product requirements & vision
- Work with product line leaders and architects to develop multi generation software technology plans
- Drive increased efficiency across the teams, eliminating duplication, leveraging product and technology reuse
- Support process improvements which guide the development, sustaining & support activities
- Work cross functionally with other business departments to align activities and deliverables
- Drive world-class quality in the development and support of products
- Communicate effectively both within immediate team and also across functions and businesses
- Engage subject matter experts in successful transfer of complex domain knowledge
- Write code that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project
- Understand performance parameters and assess application performance
- Proactively share information across the team, to the right audience with the appropriate level of detail and timeliness
- Participates in the business-wide discussions relative to the future direction of design and user experience
- Researches and evaluates emerging design, technology, industry, and market trends
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
- Strong communication/consultative skills
- Experience with Manufacturing a plus
- Ability to interpret customer technical needs and code into technical product in real time
- Experience with either LAMP stack or MEAN stack technologies
- Experience with scripting languages (Perl or Python)