Bit Stew is looking for a UI Engineer to join its growing team in Burnaby, BC. You will become part of the Product Development team collaborating on the evolution of the MIx Director Platform. As a UI Engineer, you will play a key role in development of the front-end to our powerful MIx Core™ platform as well as developing great UI’s and experiences for other MIx powered web-applications. This position reports to the Director of UX, based in Melbourne Australia. You will work as a key member of the UX team in Burnaby, and will work closely with our entire Engineering team here, but will also closely collaborate daily with your UI/UX counterparts in Melbourne.
We need someone who has an above-average eye for design, a solid portfolio of good UI/UX, excellent technical development chops and an ability to work on a high-performing team of Engineers who make visions become reality in the world of IoT.
Create beautiful and functional front-ends to our powerful web-applications. Both by evolution of our existing product interfaces and through new development.
Solve complex software problems related to front-end web development and provide accurate estimates and scope for team deliverables.
Represent the UX team locally (Burnaby) and interface with UX team members based in Australia to ensure UI/UX consistency and smooth technical communications.
- Academic background in computer science (BCIT CST Diploma, BSc or MSc in Comp-Sci or equivalent)
- Experience using a variety of JS frameworks/libraries (jQuery, Angular, etc.).
- Excellent understanding of HTML5, CSS3 and SASS.
- Strong visual and interactive design skills – a clear grasp of typography, layout, color, motion, and behavior
- Experience using design tools like Sketch and Illustrator.
- Good grasp of, and experience with, Git.
- Good understanding of service oriented architectures that scale.
- Good understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and solutions.
- Comprehensive understanding of debugging front-ends.
- Experience building complex systems in a team environment.
About Bit Stew Systems:
Bit Stew Systems is the creator of the market leading platform for Software Defined Operations for the Industrial Internet. Through data-driven automation, Bit Stew Systems removes the complexity of industrial operations and connected machines to give clarity and control back to the operator. Purpose-built for the Industrial Internet, Bit Stew’s MIx Core™ platform automates data ingestion, applies machine intelligence to learn patterns in the data, allowing industrial companies to discover actionable insights that optimize operational performance. In 2015, Bit Stew was named to Greentech Media’s Grid Edge 20 list, as one of the top 20 innovators architecting the future of the electric power industry, and as one of the Top 100 Analytics Companies by Forbes Magazine. In 2014, Bit Stew was also recognized on the Gartner Cool Vendors in Energy & Utilities list and as the Frost & Sullivan Entrepreneurial Company of the Year – North American Service Solutions for Utilities. Incorporated in 2009, Bit Stew is a venture-backed private company that is headquartered in Canada with offices in the USA, Australia and Europe.