What is the opportunity?
We are seeking a passionate User Interface (UI) designer for a 6 month contract role within RBC Wealth Management. You will be working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment and will be part of a cohesive team to deliver iterative value. The successful candidate will join a vibrant product team responsible for the design and development of web application that deliver on exception user experience.
Under the supervision of the Digital Strategy Team, the UI Designer conceptualizes and produces visual elements, including layouts for websites, micro-sites, web applications, or other digital needs, and ensures adherence to Brand, UI and accessibility standards both personally and by the development team.
What will you do?
- Develop creative concepts and produces graphic interfaces for websites, micro-sites, web applications, etc., based on stylesheet/boilerplate and brand guidelines provided
- Responsible for the transference of our brand’s strengths and visual assets to an interface as to best enhance the user’s experience
- Ensures graphic consistency of solutions and enforces consistency during development with Internal Team and External Vendors
- Understands the specifications of the project and respects the branding
- Communicates and coordinates efforts with other team members
- Can pivot a design quickly in an agile work environment
What do you need to succeed?
- Bachelor of graphic design/web design or related subject: college diploma or equivalent will be considered
- Solid experience in web design and/or interface design
- Able to understand and evaluate technical constraints, accessibility standards and propose solutions.
- Understanding of design specifics for various devices screen sizes and design for responsive layouts , i.e. Bootstrap framework
Nice to Have
- Knowledge of Google Analytics, DotCMS experience or other large CMS platform and
- Experience with InVision, Sketch, Adobe UXD
- Experience working well with an integrated team of both business and technical resources along with ability to contribute to project planning with work breakdown tasks and accurate time estimates
- Excellent communication skills: ability to produce detail documentation; ability to verbally communicate critical design thinking to non-designers and non-technical people
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Flexible work/life balance options
- Opportunities to do challenging work
- Opportunities to take on progressively greater accountabilities
- Opportunities to building close relationships with clients
- Access to a variety of job opportunities across business and geographies
Royal Bank of Canada is Canada’s largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America’s leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 37 other countries.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.
Address: 155 Wellington St. West
Work Hours/Week: 37.5
Work Environment: Office
Employment Type: Contract
Career Level: Experienced Hire/Professional
Pay Type: Salaried
Required Travel (%): 0
People Manager: No
Application Deadline: 07/21/2016
Req ID: 116337