Big Viking Games is Canada’s leading social and mobile game development studio, where our employees are passionate about creating amazing games that are played and enjoyed by millions of people all over the world. We don’t just create fun for other people, we work hard to create a fun environment that our staff love to spend time in.
Come join one of Canada’s fastest growing gaming start-ups as a User Interface (UI) Designer. This is a full-time position at our downtown London, Ontario studio.
The UI Designer is responsible for creating functional and beautiful interfaces for social and mobile games. In this role, the key tasks will include:
- Redesigning existing and creating new interfaces for mobile platforms
- Developing new designs and updating current UI for existing Flash titles
- Working closely with developers in designing the user experience from start to finish
- Facilitating user testing to ensure the design works as planned
- Working closely with producers to create simple and elegant solutions to complex problems
- Playing your part in ensuring that quality games are shipped on time and on budget
Individuals interested in an exciting and challenging opportunity that provides unique experience in next generation social games must apply.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- B.S. in design, multimedia or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of UI / UX experience
- Extensive Adobe Photoshop and Flash experience
- Knowledge of and interest in the social gaming industry an asset
- Ability to develop new concepts or quickly adapt to existing styles
- Confidence to quickly develop concepts “on the spot”
- Comprehensive portfolio showing past work in user interface design, with game design work an asset
- Highly organized and self-motivated
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
Besides having the opportunity to work for a leading game development company, we also offer:
- Competitive salaries with full health benefits
- Stock options at an innovative & growing company
- Comfortable workstations with top-of-the-line Aeron chairs
- MacBook Pro’s (or PC as desired) with as many monitors as you like
- Free breakfast, lunch and dinner (as desired) & unlimited snacks
- Fully stocked drink fridge with soda, juices, and daily fresh cut fruits
- Opportunity to work with and learn from awesome co-workers that are hyper-smart and passionate about games
- Fun and fast paced work environment
We request that all interested applicants attach a link to their online portfolio with their application.